cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 inquries from Synchrony in one month. HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 inquries from Synchrony in one month. HELP!

Pardon my ignornace, but I recently applied for credit with: Amazon, American Eagle, TJ Maxx, Dicks Sporting Goods, and Old Navy. This was all in the past two days.

Let me explain... I was under the impression that when a credit grantor pulls an applicant's CR, they will use it for an entire month since (I assumed) all credit reports were updated once monthly. With that train of thought I figured I would apply for a bunch of credit lines offered through Synchrony Bank and I would only have a single CR pull. Unfortunately I checked my credit report today and Syncrony pulled my report 5 times! Not only that, but I purchased a vehicle in november which added 6 hard inquiries to my report. I am not up to 12 inquiries since November of 2016.

Is there any way I can rectify this? Perhaps call Synchrony and confess my ignorance with hopes that they will take the inquiries off?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: 5 inquries from Synchrony in one month. HELP!

Welcome To The Forums.

Wish you might have browsed around here a little more before this.

But in essence, and to the point no matter what's been told before, Synchrony will HP each and every new application for a card and FICO will not combine them into one.

Each INQ is assigned to the Bureau of their choice AND is an additional HP every application for credit cards.

Hope that helps at least explain matters in clear enough (credit cards) language.

Message 2 of 4
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1
Welcome 2 the forums, I don't think there is anything to change it since you did app.. One thing now is spend some time learning how things actually work instead of guessing... All is not lost...glad to have ya here....

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You might try contacting the creditor and requesting that they recode the muliple inquiries as one hard pull, and the rest as soft.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.