Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 point drop -- HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

50 point drop -- HELP!

I'm about to buy a house (pre-approved; waiting for seller to accept bid) and am watching my credit reports closely. Equifax dropped 50 points between Tuesday and today; claims I'm past due on my student loan and that I've made arrangements for partial payments. None of this is true. I've been paying my student loans automatically for years and they're in perfect standing. Being wrongfully accused of being past due on 20K worth of student loan, however, dropped me from 682 to 631!

The other two credit reports (which I purchased immediately) don't show the account as past due or that I've made arrangements for partial payments.

And, to cap it off, I'm headed out of the country on Sunday for three weeks, during which time I'll need to close on the house; a friend has my power of attorney to sign documents.

How can I get Equifax to correct this horrible mistake immediately? I'll check with SalleMae on Monday (from Indonesia) but how to I get to Equifax?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 50 point drop -- HELP!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the other credit reporting agencies pick this up? Or...

Will the other credit reporting agencies pick this up? Or just EQ?

And it doesn't seem like anyone's found a solution yet -- have they? I've got 23K in student loans; I can't just pay them off to get rid of this!

From what I see, I need to dispute with SallieMae, MyFico and EQ. Has it made any difference to anyone? Is there more I can/should do?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.