cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 moderate Charge offs PIF or 1 huge CO PIF, which would I benefit more from?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 moderate Charge offs PIF or 1 huge CO PIF, which would I benefit more from?

Would I benefit more from several charged off items being removed/updated as paid in full or 1 huge capital one charge off. Ill get the medical things taken care of afterwards, half of them I had insurance for and was still charged.

Currently still owned by Capital One 2654.00 or the others

Collections-Verizon 880.00

Portfolio/ComenityBank 334.00

Portfolio/ComenityBank 664.00

The Receivable Management/Progressive 158.00
First Credit Services/All Hours 558.00

Credit One 300.00

Certified Bureau of the South (Medical) 528.00

Certified Bureau of the South (Medical) 187.00

Certified Bureau of the South (Medical) 558.00

Certified Bureau of the South (Medical) 552.00

Medical 1825.00

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6 moderate Charge offs PIF or 1 huge CO PIF, which would I benefit more from?

I think it would depend on future finances. Will you again have a lump sum in the not too distant future that you could use on the CapOe debt? If so, then maybe whack the smaller ones now. You don’t mention age of the debts but Portfolio will delete their tradelines if the debts are paid and 2 years old or older.

If you can’t say for sure that you’ll have enough to wipe the CapOne debt again soon, then pay it off - they WILL sue you and attach your wages.

You may get slightly more benefit scorewise by removing several items rather than just one, but the bigger picture is who will sue you. Portfolio may also, but being a CA rather than an OC they may be more likely to settle. It’s worth trying to settle with CapOne and see how much is left over, then see who you can pay off with that remainder.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6 moderate Charge offs PIF or 1 huge CO PIF, which would I benefit more from?

thank you sir

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the date of first delinquency on each?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.