cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

652 Credit Score, no tradelines, 2 closed positive accounts, which credit cards should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 652 Credit Score, no tradelines, 2 closed positive accounts, which credit cards should I apply f

Yes, doing that right now will let you guys know shortly.

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got them initially from credit karma, then directly from the credit bureaus themselves to reconfirm. 

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Where did you get those Credit Scores you mentioned. Do the spcifically mention the word FICO?

If you havent had a creit line that has reported in te last 6 months, then you shouldn't be able to generate a FICo score. So its making me wonder about those scores.

Sounds like you may not have actual FICO scores then.  I think what you have pulled are all Vantage scores.  Go to creditchecktotal.com and see if you can pull your scores there.  It's $1 trial membership and they pull FICO's

Message 31 of 41
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: 652 Credit Score, no tradelines, 2 closed positive accounts, which credit cards should I apply f

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubled checked with credit karma and it said something about "Vantage Score 3.0". Is that an issue. When I pulled with TransUnion it matched exactly the creditkarma score, so I think it's accurate but please educate me if there is anything I should be aware of, thanks in advance

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Where did you get those Credit Scores you mentioned. Do the spcifically mention the word FICO?

If you havent had a creit line that has reported in te last 6 months, then you shouldn't be able to generate a FICo score. So its making me wonder about those scores.

I don't know of any lenders that use Vantage scores.  They all (that I know of) use FICO scores.  Within FICO there are many different versions.  First, you need to see if you have any FICO scores.  If you do have FICO scores then I would suggest spending the money here later to see what all the different versions show.  Mortgage companies use one version, auto lenders another, credit card companies use a different version etc.  Start with just seeing if you have a FICO and then come back...

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with creditchecktotal but I wasn't able to verify myself, I called them directly, they told me if there is conflicting reports on experian that even though transunion and equifax pull up it will automatically reject it. They recommended me to freecreditscore.com, but when I checked there is no score for experian, go figure. So apparently I have a vantage score for all the accounts I checked. they are all the same everywhere. Please let me know if there are any other options, but it seems you can only get your FICO 8 score through experian. 

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got them initially from credit karma, then directly from the credit bureaus themselves to reconfirm. 

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Sounds like you may not have actual FICO scores then.  I think what you have pulled are all Vantage scores.  Go to creditchecktotal.com and see if you can pull your scores there.  It's $1 trial membership and they pull FICO's

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is FACO score, not FICO.

If I were you: I would get a shared/secured loan with a CU.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

wait a month and then apply for Lowes/PenFed/NFCU/Discover. Recon the starting limit if it's low (or attempt to).
Accept or at least consider a secured card if it's countered on your app.
Request CLI as frequent as possible while only letting one card report under 9 percent util each month.

You said you had the means to purchase the property in cash. I would do this and follow at least some of what I suggested above. In 6-12 months you could make use of your credit and equity to do a cash out refinance and use the money on another investment property. This is called the BRRR method and can make you a lot of money if you are patient enough to withstand the possible low SL's. Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 41
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

My suggestion is to go to the mortgage forum and give a very detailed account of what you are trying to do...sales price, cost of reno, current cash on hand, is property owner-occupied, flip, second home etc.  Ask about loan programs for people with no credit files.  There are mortgage brokers that frequent that forum that may be able to help you come up with a plan.  I'm not sure what all you're trying to do but check with your local USDA and FHA to see if there are rehab loans available for your circumstances.  Depending on where the property is, you may be able to find the financing you need.  Good luck!  And when you're ready to start building your credit, come see us in the Rebuilding forum!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 35 of 41
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secure-technique/td-p/4506756

wait a month and then apply for Lowes/PenFed/NFCU/Discover. Recon the starting limit if it's low (or attempt to).
Request CLI as frequent as possible while only letting one card report under 9 percent util each month.

You said you had the means to purchase the property in cash. I would do this and follow at least some of what I suggested above. In 6-12 months you could make use of your credit and equity to do a cash out refinance and use the money on another investment property. This is called the BRRR method and can make you a lot of money if you are patient enough to withstand the possible low SL's. Smiley Wink

It will take him 6 months just to generate a FICO score once he is able to open some sort of account.  I am not sure that the lenders you list will approve without a score.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I finally was able to verify myself with Discover Scorecard and yes I have no FICO. Smiley Sad. So I just get a small credit card then? 

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secure-technique/td-p/4506756

It will take him 6 months just to generate a FICO score once he is able to open some sort of account.  I am not sure that the lenders you list will approve without a score.

Message 37 of 41
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I finally was able to verify myself with Discover Scorecard and yes I have no FICO. Smiley Sad. So I just get a small credit card then? 

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but now you have to find someone who will give you a cc without a score.  I would go to your bank and start with them.  If you have a good amount in savings right now then I would think they would be more willing to give you that first card.  Once you have a score later this year, you can start applying for additional cards.  If you apply via cold app right now you may end up with small secured cards.  You could always try the prequal sites though.  Research those more so you understand what is a real prequal vs just an ad of their products.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 38 of 41
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

The OP will generate a FICO as soon as any account reports.  The requirements for generating a FICO score are six months of credit history and an account updating in the previous six months.  I started in January of 2016 with no credit score and only a 14.5 year old auto loan from Chase on my report.  I got cards from both Capital One and Chase before I generated a credit score.  Cap one went from 500 to 2000 in six months.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically speaking if I added my rental history to my credit report, should it automatically generate a FICO score? I have been renting for the last 2 years

@EAJuggalo wrote:

The OP will generate a FICO as soon as any account reports.  The requirements for generating a FICO score are six months of credit history and an account updating in the previous six months.  I started in January of 2016 with no credit score and only a 14.5 year old auto loan from Chase on my report.  I got cards from both Capital One and Chase before I generated a credit score.  Cap one went from 500 to 2000 in six months.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.