cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 yr old late payments / accounts still bad?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: 7 yr old late payments / accounts still bad?

If it was charged off, and it appears that way, whole account will be removed at that time

Message 21 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I think you omitted the "charged off" data in your original post. Answers rely on pertinent data. Absent of data, insufficient answers are given.

Message 22 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You got about 2 weeks left. I'll give you a early congratulations on your success!

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

I think you omitted the "charged off" data in your original post. Answers rely on pertinent data. Absent of data, insufficient answers are given.

Apologies.  I didn't realize that it rged off.  And now that I think about it, I am not even sure what happen because it was 7 years ago and it was during my fast and crazy days.  But when I spoke to the Experian dispute rep back in Dec, they said the account is removed on the date listed.  

I'm just hoping I can at least go from 679 to 700 after this drops. 

Message 24 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Apologies.  I didn't realize that it rged off.  And now that I think about it, I am not even sure what happen because it was 7 years ago and it was during my fast and crazy days.  But when I spoke to the Experian dispute rep back in Dec, they said the account is removed on the date listed.  

I'm just hoping I can at least go from 679 to 700 after this drops. 

No worries. Members here try to give the best answers as applicable. As mentioned up thread, the entire "charged off" account will be removed from your credit report. You may have a chance on score improvement. I'm not quite sure since you have that ECMC derogatory.

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Looks like I'll just wait a few weeks and find out.  I'll report back. 

Hopefully Experian removes it on the date versus waiting for some arbritary day the following month.  

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 3/28

Hi friends, hope everyone is safe.  An update on this. 

The account finally fell off today (original date was set for March 18).  It was 7+ years old with 5 late payments (consecutive) attached to it.  The whole account was deleted.

My average age of accounts dropped from 5 years and 5 months to 4 years and 9 months.  There was no change to my score as a result of any of this (remains at 679).

Message 27 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: 3/28

Hi friends, hope everyone is safe.  An update on this. 

The account finally fell off today (original date was set for March 18).  It was 7+ years old with 5 late payments (consecutive) attached to it.  The whole account was deleted.

My average age of accounts dropped from 5 years and 5 months to 4 years and 9 months.  There was no change to my score as a result of any of this (remains at 679).

Congratulations on your success!

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  However, not sure if the score didn't change, what the point was Smiley Happy

I guess it was so old it had no effect on my report anyway.  

Message 29 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.  However, not sure if the score didn't change, what the point was Smiley Happy

I guess it was so old it had no effect on my report anyway.  

Maybe the recency of the ECMC delinquency suppressed any score gains?

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.