cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 yr old late payments / accounts still bad?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 yr old late payments / accounts still bad?

Yep.  Unless that is resolved, nothing will move.

I made some headway with them this week.  Apprently another update has been sent and I should see a difference but I doubt it.  Its been done before. 

Message 31 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.  Unless that is resolved, nothing will move.

I made some headway with them this week.  Apprently another update has been sent and I should see a difference but I doubt it.  Its been done before. 

Good luck. I hope you get better luck this time around.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update here:  The 7 year old account that had 5 bad payments attached to it fell off and there was no change to credit score.  It was then clear that the last closed student loan account with the erroneous late payment was the culprit.

This week, after 4 months of back and forth and a few hundred hours spent on the phone, I was able to get the whole trade line deleted.  It has already been removed from Experian.  Score shot up to 764 immediately.  

Have to wait for Fico 3B update later next week to see how it impacts TU and EQ but I am now confident it will be removed from them too.  Current TU: 731 and current EQ 705 so hoping those see a jump too.

Really happy about this.  No negatives on my report as of today.

Message 33 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Get your app finger ready.
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your success!

Get your app finger ready.

There's really nothing I want other than an Amex Gold.  So I'll just wait for Amex to see a change and apply when I feel their scores have caught up.  I'm hoping they will finally give in with 750+ Experian FICO 8

Message 35 of 40
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP on your success!

I have a similar delinquency that is thorn in my side. Student loan late string (5) months out. 30,60,90,120. EQ has already began the deletion process with all but one left. But TU is slow to the game with only (1) deletion (4) remaining. I have tried both CSR and Supervisors to get an EE but they won't budge. I do know EE is possible is there a certain way to go about getting this done? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations OP on your success!

I have a similar delinquency that is thorn in my side. Student loan late string (5) months out. 30,60,90,120. EQ has already began the deletion process with all but one left. But TU is slow to the game with only (1) deletion (4) remaining. I have tried both CSR and Supervisors to get an EE but they won't budge. I do know EE is possible is there a certain way to go about getting this done? 

Thanks! 

Context on my 7 year old deletion, that was an old capital one card.   

Recent deletion: My student loan issue was a bit different.  My final payment registered as a late payment for some reason.   Nothing helped.  Disputes, them sending updates etc, so they finally had to agree to delete it (3 years early). 

It seems like TU will remove the lates as they age.  What matters if this is a closed account or an open account that you're still paying but now the lates are aging.  

(Late payments aging and account aging = two different things as you know).  

Message 37 of 40
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

This student loan account is paid off. I have been disputing the lates for the last several years and was actually going about it the wrong way early in the process to get the whole account deleted. But later found out through info on the forums that the deletion of the whole account wouldn't actually benefit me once the lates age off. I am also trying to get that all important boost in scores. As much as I have had trouble with EQ in the past, they are actually on the ball with deleting. (1) late remaining. It's TU that's the pain to deal with. ☹️

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch.  It's the worst when it's actually paid off.  I feel you.  Mine was the same.  It's like, I already paid you.  Stop punishing me.  

Ive seen some threads too about deletions hurting but if my score is any proof, I went for 675 to 764 over night.   The collections account was since 2016.  

If it helps, work with the creditor so they can send payment history deletions.  Some can do that.  I had luck that way versus dealing with the credit bureaus.  

Message 39 of 40
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing your input. I will keep you updated! 

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.