Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

850 Fico under age 40?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

850 Fico under age 40?????

So i'm new here and I thought I had pretty good credit ( mid 740's fico on all 3 EX,TU,EQ ). Just for the fun of it I had my grandfather check his fico scores and **bleep** 840's on all 3 Smiley Surprised. I know he has purchased a home and many cars over the years and his oldest credit account is like 20 years lol ( reminds me of the old flintstones movie when they shattered barneys wife's rock card Smiley Very Happy ). So my question is does anyone under 40 years of age have a score in the 840-850 without buying a home?? This is just for my own interest, I kind of feel like my credit scores suck after seeing his lol and since im new I want to say a BIG HI to everyone.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 850 Fico under age 40?????

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Looks like he's done his credit right.  Now just follow his example!   lol...  good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So i'm new here and I thought I had pretty good credit ( mid 740's fico on all 3 EX,TU,EQ ). Just for the fun of it I had my grandfather check his fico scores and **bleep** 840's on all 3 Smiley Surprised. I know he has purchased a home and many cars over the years and his oldest credit account is like 20 years lol ( reminds me of the old flintstones movie when they shattered barneys wife's rock card Smiley Very Happy ). So my question is does anyone under 40 years of age have a score in the 840-850 without buying a home?? This is just for my own interest, I kind of feel like my credit scores suck after seeing his lol and since im new I want to say a BIG HI to everyone.

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

You're doing just fine and almost to the "FICO High Achiever" status (760+).

And yes you can get to the upper atmosphere of scoring without a mortgage.

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

now that is someone i would be asking (no begging) to add me as AU's

Message 4 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

You're doing just fine and almost to the "FICO High Achiever" status (760+).

And yes you can get to the upper atmosphere of scoring without a mortgage.

Marine...Those sure are some sexy scores, Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks. I pulled those in October here out of curiosity. I hadn't pulled a FICO score in several years and I wanted to know how my quest for "score nirvana" was going.

I figured I was getting close but was admittedly shocked to see all at 850. I doubt if they are all at that level still because we all know how scores can fluctuate from month to month.

But that's ok. I know that at one point in my life I was at the top  Smiley Happy  and as long as I don't mess things up they should stay pretty high.

Message 6 of 28
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks. I pulled those in October here out of curiosity. I hadn't pulled a FICO score in several years and I wanted to know how my quest for "score nirvana" was going.

I figured I was getting close but was admittedly shocked to see all at 850. I doubt if they are all at that level still because we all know how scores can fluctuate from month to month.

But that's ok. I know that at one point in my life I was at the top  Smiley Happy  and as long as I don't mess things up they should stay pretty high.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

^
Hmm I would say at the very min 58 but prob more... the name gives it away. Or not.
Message 8 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I will be 64 in May.

Some here know but others don't that I filed for BK in 1993 and even then I was very ignorant (not stupid just uneducated) on proper credit management.

The one thing I did realize however is that I could never be late on any payment ever again and as far as I recall I haven't been.

That's the best thing I or anyone else can do for themselves. Never be late and everything else will fall in line. 

Message 9 of 28
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I will be 64 in May.

Some here know but others don't that I filed for BK in 1993 and even then I was very ignorant (not stupid just uneducated) on proper credit management.

The one thing I did realize however is that I could never be late on any payment ever again and as far as I recall I haven't been.

That's the best thing I or anyone else can do for themselves. Never be late and everything else will fall in line. 

Amen, I was reckless in 2003 also. Never again will I be late and never again will I rack up debt > what I'm capable of paying.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.