Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day fraud alert not expiring.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

90 day fraud alert not expiring.

Hi all, i will make this quick as i can. Hubby put a 90 day fraud alert on his experian report which went to the other 2 bureaus which we knew and expected. He put it on 11-28-2017 and by calculations 90 days was up on 2-26-2018. He got a few soft pull increases from comenity during this time but synch said no to his cards cause of his fraud alert(He wasn't intrested in talking to them to get a cli, didnt want it bad enough.) Anyway he was going to put another one on since his old one should be expired by now and he wanted me to hop on chat and see about raising some limits on some of his cards before he went for another 90 day. Synch wanted him to call on every account, so my question is how long does it take to the alert to expire off of every report? obviously 90 days is up. He WILL call if he has to do deal with it but would rather i do it when i am at home. Does he need to call each bureau to get it officially removed ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: 90 day fraud alert not expiring.

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi all, i will make this quick as i can. Hubby put a 90 day fraud alert on his experian report which went to the other 2 bureaus which we knew and expected. He put it on 11-28-2017 and by calculations 90 days was up on 2-26-2018. He got a few soft pull increases from comenity during this time but synch said no to his cards cause of his fraud alert(He wasn't intrested in talking to them to get a cli, didnt want it bad enough.) Anyway he was going to put another one on since his old one should be expired by now and he wanted me to hop on chat and see about raising some limits on some of his cards before he went for another 90 day. Synch wanted him to call on every account, so my question is how long does it take to the alert to expire off of every report? obviously 90 days is up. He WILL call if he has to do deal with it but would rather i do it when i am at home. Does he need to call each bureau to get it officially removed ?

If any items were disputed and subsequently removed, during the 90 day fraud alert, usually the alert will automatically upgrade to a 7 year alert.

However, a fraud alert - whether 90 day or 7 years - can be removed via a relatively straightforward phone call, to each credit bureau. Just call their main number, for disputes... and ask for the fraud department. Usually, the credit bureau representative will just ask a few security questions - that only the person in question would know; and then they will proceed to remove the security alert.

Don't forget to ask to opt back in to promotional offers, as well, once the fraud alert is removed. This can usually be done on the same phone call. But, it doesn't take unless the fraud alert is removed, prior to.

Keep in mind that fraud alerts will also propagate throughout all of the credit bureaus. So, be sure to call each of the bureaus, individually.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.