Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bunch of credit questions!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bunch of credit questions!!

1) I pulled my individual reports from experian, transunion and equifax (who gave me all 3).

My experian score is 637

Transunion says it is 617

Equifax gave me all three which they are say all 3 are lower than what the other 2 are giving me DIRECTLY..

Equifax 551, Transunion 515 and Experian 579

What exactly is going on here?

2) I have an old JCP store card that was opened 10/2003 and closed 9/2004 and final pay off 11/204. It was always paid on time and listed as green. However, it still has reporting as of 9/2012 and file was last update 11/2012. It says 0 balance, closed but still says pay status is current paying as agreed. Should this still be doing this??

3) I had a unsecured loan through my CU at the time. Opened in 2003 and last payment made 2005.. all green positive reporting. However it does not say closed or paid in full.  There is a blank space where it says "balance". And pay status is Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed. Should I do anything with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A bunch of credit questions!!

@Anonymous wrote:

1) I pulled my individual reports from experian, transunion and equifax (who gave me all 3).

My experian score is 637

Transunion says it is 617

Equifax gave me all three which they are say all 3 are lower than what the other 2 are giving me DIRECTLY..

Equifax 551, Transunion 515 and Experian 579

What exactly is going on here?

2) I have an old JCP store card that was opened 10/2003 and closed 9/2004 and final pay off 11/204. It was always paid on time and listed as green. However, it still has reporting as of 9/2012 and file was last update 11/2012. It says 0 balance, closed but still says pay status is current paying as agreed. Should this still be doing this??

3) I had a unsecured loan through my CU at the time. Opened in 2003 and last payment made 2005.. all green positive reporting. However it does not say closed or paid in full.  There is a blank space where it says "balance". And pay status is Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed. Should I do anything with this?

1) None of the scores you posted are FICO scores. They are non-FICO scores we call FAKOs. Lenders don't use these scores and are for educational (or entertainment) purposes. Definitely don't rely on them. 

Your Experian score would be a FAKO called either a VantageScore or a PLUS score; it depends on which product you bought. Your TransUnion score is likely a VantageScore if purchased from TransUnion.com. Finally, Equifax.com's 3-in-1 product offers a FAKO called an "Equifax Credit Score".

These scores factor in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa. The score range differs too. For example, Vantage runs off a range of 501-990 whereas FICO is 300-850.

2) Based on what you posted, the account is a positive. Was anything done to update the dates, like a dispute or a letter or call to the creditor? Than can update it. Also creditors sometimes update their systems and that can update the TL automatically. It's not a bad thing and I'd certainly leave it alone.

3) Leave the loan alone. FICO and lenders see it as paid if no active balance is reporting.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thank you!!!

What is the most affordable way to obtain your true FICO score? This website?

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

1.  All those score you got we call FAKOS.   They are not your FICO scores.  They are ran under a different scoring measure and creditors really don't use those scores, they're more of an educational tool.

2.  Leave it, it's doing nothing but helpin your AAoA.  

3.  Leave it, it's doing nothing but helping you score.

Paid accounts in good standing generally stay on your CR for 10 years after they are paid.  They help to add to the age of your credit and have a positive affect.

What do you have that is holding your score back?  What are your negatives?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I see llecs is the faster typer this morning.  Smiley Happy

July 2013 score:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 small student loans 1 for 4k and 1 for 2k.. i had NO IDEA were late... they are now showing as deferred. I thought they were supposed to be deferred those months as well?

2200$ tmobile account i have no knowledge of on EX and EQ (disputed)

110$ emergency room visit on TU

97$ wachovia collection accounton EX

a capital one credit card with some late payments.. closed and paid off for a settlement

$326 charge off CU credit card ACCOUNT TU.. CHARGED TO PROFIT AND LOSS   

late payments on a CU auto loan years ago EX, TU AND EQ (2005)

2500$ VZW account that i have no knowledge of on EX, TU AND EQ (disputed YESTERDAY)

A lot of these things were from when i was a lot younger.. i am 27 now and really starting to take my credit seriously.

i DO have a 20k auto loan through toyota now for 6 months paid every month for positive reporting

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would suggest that you take a walk over to the Rebuilding Your Credit board and see what the gurus in there have to say about getting some of those baddies off.

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.