Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little confused - GW success.... I think

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little confused - GW success.... I think

Hey everyone.  I *think* I just got my first GW success.  I had 3 late payments on my CRs and I sent the creditor a GW letter and just got a letter from them in the mail today:

We have researched your inquiry and noted a discrepancy with our reporting.  To ensure that your credit report is corrected, we've sent updated information to the following credit bureaus that we report to:

Equifax
Experian
Trans Union

We have sent Universal data forms to update the account so that it accurately reflects the payment history during the last 24 months of the loan.

Please alow 30 days for the credit bureaus to process the update.  In the meantime, if you are in the process of applying for credit and need verification that your account record is being updated, you may use this letter as confirmation of this change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. 

The reason I'm kind of questioning this is because for one, it doesn't actually say they were removing any negative information and says they will change the information so it is accurately reported, which is already the case unless they realized I had another late payment and this is what they are upating.  I was late with those payments, which is why I sent a GW letter as opposed to disputing so I'm a little confused why they would apologize.  Has anyone ever received a letter like this? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little confused - GW success.... I think

This is a complete guess- so don't take it as set in stone- IF the lates are removed- I'd say this letter was a way to cover them so it didn't look like they are changing accurate information to inaccurate information.

Seems they are saying the lates weren't really late and they'll fix it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little confused - GW success.... I think

As side said....you have to wait & see. If it was being reported correctly   the furnisher will tell the CRAs that they reported inaccurate info.  this is how they get it changed
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.