Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little help please........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little help please........

I decided my credit needed some serious work.  After opting out and deleting old addresses I sent a couple of dispute letters to the CRA's.  I did this about  2 weeks ago being the 1st part of my plan.  Today I received a letter from Equifax telling me they have received a request concerning my file.  However with the info that I have provided they were unable to locate a credit file.  It's funny because before I started working on my credit I printed my CR right from there website.  Any info. or suggestions what to do from here would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little help please........

cody wrote:
I decided my credit needed some serious work.  After opting out and deleting old addresses I sent a couple of dispute letters to the CRA's.  I did this about  2 weeks ago being the 1st part of my plan.  Today I received a letter from Equifax telling me they have received a request concerning my file.  However with the info that I have provided they were unable to locate a credit file.  It's funny because before I started working on my credit I printed my CR right from there website.  Any info. or suggestions what to do from here would be greatly appreciated.

It's a game the CRAs like to play.

On your EQ CR, do they have your current address correct? It seems common, for whatever reason, for the CRA nimrods to screw up and set an old address as your current address. Seems to happen, at times, when you have an old account that suddenly reports and the CRAs think it's a new address.

Resend your dispute and include a photocopy of your Driver's License and SSN card. Review what EQ sent you carefully. They might state they want these things. They might not.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little help please........

Yes, they do have my current info. on file.  I'll resend the dispute with the docs requested.  Thanks a bunch.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.