cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AG Jewelers scammed me? Is there a way to reverse this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AG Jewelers scammed me? Is there a way to reverse this?

@SweetCreditObsessionI don't think I have the time nor finances for a legal case over $310, but I will definitely reach out to my AG. That is a good idea. Thank you!

Message 11 of 29
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

I understand. Best wishes with everything.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have joined that membership but it's only been 30 days as of yesterday and don't see it in my credit file. I did read what another post in here said that it does not mention reporting to the bureaus so if they are sketchy then it could be a lawsuit for misleading I would suspect. Some may say they have a 'play with words' and it's the consumers fault for not reading correctly but then I found an "AHA" line. It states:

"You are not required to purchase any jewelry. Your account will remain active for as long as you pay your yearly membership fee."

??????? So then why are you offering credit lines to people who don't have to buy your merchandise? I think any court of law would find this misleading a consumer. I'm paying a close eye on them now!

Message 13 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have joined that membership but it's only been 30 days as of yesterday and don't see it in my credit file. I did read what another post in here said that it does not mention reporting to the bureaus so if they are sketchy then it could be a lawsuit for misleading I would suspect. Some may say they have a 'play with words' and it's the consumers fault for not reading correctly but then I found an "AHA" line. It states:

"You are not required to purchase any jewelry. Your account will remain active for as long as you pay your yearly membership fee."

??????? So then why are you offering credit lines to people who don't have to buy your merchandise? I think any court of law would find this misleading a consumer. I'm paying a close eye on them now!

It may be possible to get a judgement, but a) the cost of obtaining the judgement would likely far exceed the amount of the judgement itself, and b) getting a judgement is not the same as successfully collecting on the judgement.

It's unfortunate you also fell into this trap but I for one appreciate you sharing your experience here as it can help keep others from making the same mistake.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymousoh no mate that sucks...I am hoping for the best for you but if it does show up be sure to screencap it and don't blink because it will be gone before you know it! I would change out whatever payment method you used if you want to be extra safe.

I guess we're all learning this lesson the hard way!

Message 15 of 29
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like AG is having trouble getting the ranks with the 3 bureaus in order to report. 

Message 16 of 29
HighGoals
New Contributor

The bureaus are cracking down on those accounts and are not allowing them to report anymore.  This is new as of about a couple months ago. Uts because of the bureaus not ag. 

Message 17 of 29
soccer21

They didn't scam you the credit agencies caught on to these companies and blocking them from reporting.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like they may have breached your contract the same as mine in the same way however by doing so and clearly advertising the following, you may be due a refund for breach of agreement: 

"AG Jewelry’s mission is to help customers finance merchandise in order to establish or re-establish their good credit standing and is accomplished by the following:

• Instant approvals with AG Jewelry
  • Affordable monthly payments
  • Immediate merchandise delivery
  • Monthly reporting to credit bureaus
  • No prepayment penalties"

I hope this helps.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean, they scammed you just by getting you to pay ridiculous fees to get this sketchy account.  But, you don't seem to be mad about that. Instead, the anger seems to be directed at the fact that the scam didn't work out as you wanted it to. 

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment: suppose AG reports the account to the CRAs, but the CRAs refuse to acknowledge is as a legitimate tradeline. Who's fault is it now?  Is there now a "breach of contract"?  Have they done their part by simply reporting the tradeline?

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.