Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL 3 fico scores one site , Road to 850 aka mycreditplan.org

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: ALL 3 fico scores one site , Road to 850 aka mycreditplan.org

Yeah, this is a major bummer.  I was so hoping this would work, but it looks like they're no longer going to offer the scores.  Just got the email.

They apparently want you to upload/fax your own reports in, and then they'll give you advice/recommendations on what you should do.  For the most part they've removed references to receiving your scores under the individual plan info, but they haven't updated the FAQ section to reflect this.  Too bad... Smiley Sad

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 131 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer. Sounds like someone on their side basically has to manually key in your credit report...

Still pulling for these guys, or at least the product they are tryingto offer...

Message 132 of 154
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

I don't know why someone hasn't posted this, but I'm going to, because I think these guys are (were) trying to do something good:

May 1, 2012

On behalf of AAA Fair Credit Foundation, I would like to express our sincere appreciation to all of you who have so patiently waited for the release of My Credit Plan (MCP). MCP has taken over three years to develop and this day has been a long time coming. The tools found at MCP are unique and will properly guide you to better credit scores in the quickest amount of time possible.

AAA Fair Credit Foundation is an award-winning accredited 501(c)(3) nonprofit, HUD-approved, credit and housing counseling agency based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We work directly with thousands of consumers, financial institutions, and lenders nationwide to help their clients manage their money, reduce debt, and improve their credit worthiness. Our goal is to provide you with accurate information and a strategic plan to help you improve your overall credit standing and help you save money.

MCP originally was designed to offer two platforms – scanning and automatic. Many consumers already have their credit reports in hand and just want an analysis and plan of action. If not, you can obtain your credit report from many sources and enroll. Once enrolled, you can either upload your credit report within the online system, or fax it to (801) 951-5212 to be scanned into My Credit Plan. You will be notified when your analysis is ready.

The automatic system was ready to launch in February 2012. Unfortunately, the major credit bureaus and FICO® have countered to stop the information found on MCP from being disseminated. This system is currently suspended. They have falsely accused AAA Fair Credit Foundation of being a “credit repair” company, and have even asked AAA Fair Credit Foundation to use their “education, non-lender” credit scores. Their credit repair claim is entirely false and we refuse to engage in practices that are in anyway deceptive to our clientele. AAA Fair Credit Foundation has never engaged in credit repair and never will, and we will always try to provide accurate and timely credit information. MCP utilizes the highest level of security including encryption and elevated levels of password protection. No personal information can be seen in any online account. Additionally, no one at AAA Fair Credit Foundation / MCP will contact you to ask for your Social Security Number or any other personal information. If you elect to submit a credit report, you may delete your social security number.

As part of our appreciation for your patience, we would like to offer you a discounted rate if you sign up by May 4, 2012. Instead of incurring a $99 setup fee, you will incur a discounted one-time set up fee of $39 and a reduced monthly fee for the first 12 months. This is savings of over 50% from the regular price. To get this discount, enter promotional code “mcp2012” during enrollment or click this promotional code “mcp2012” during enrollment or click this link

Again, thank you for your patience. We are excited to roll out this new program. With the current and the new tools slated to come online in the coming months, we know you will have many new opportunities to build your credit scores. If you have any questions, please contact us at Support@MyCreditPlan.org. 

Sincerely, 

Preston Cochrane 
President & CEO, AAA Fair Credit Foundation

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 133 of 154
android01
Valued Contributor

This was the message from the CEO of the company that owns the new website.  I have removed the name of the company with "US" and changed the initials of the website to "OUR SITE" to hopefully not violate the TOS here.  What is transpiring is important because is confirms what I thought when I first found out what this website was trying to do.    

"The automatic system was ready to launch in February 2012. Unfortunately, the major credit bureaus and FICO® have countered to stop the information found on OUR SITE from being disseminated. This system is currently suspended. They have falsely accused US of being a “credit repair” company, and have even asked US to use their “education, non-lender” credit scores." 

The CRA's and Fair Isaac make hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars on their consumer purchased credit reporting business segments.  EX, EQ and TU through their duping of the general public into buying their useless PLUS scores, and Fair Isaac through it's virtual monopoly of the only place to provide two of the three FICO scores and reports to consumers.  It's a true David and Goliath situation at play, and us consumers get the shaft yet again.  Imagine that...Smiley Mad 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 134 of 154
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

This was the message from the CEO of the company that owns the new website.  I have removed the name of the company with "US" and changed the initials of the website to "OUR SITE" to hopefully not violate the TOS here.  What is transpiring is important because is confirms what I thought when I first found out what this website was trying to do.    

"The automatic system was ready to launch in February 2012. Unfortunately, the major credit bureaus and FICO® have countered to stop the information found on OUR SITE from being disseminated. This system is currently suspended. They have falsely accused US of being a “credit repair” company, and have even asked US to use their “education, non-lender” credit scores." 

The CRA's and Fair Isaac make hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars on their consumer purchased credit reporting business segments.  EX, EQ and TU through their duping of the general public into buying their useless PLUS scores, and Fair Isaac through it's virtual monopoly of the only place to provide two of the three FICO scores and reports to consumers.  It's a true David and Goliath situation at play, and us consumers get the shaft yet again.  Imagine that...

I agree with this 100%.  It actually smells of collusion, and I don't like it. Technically, my FICO score is based on my personal information, and if you (i.e. creditor) are going to use that in any way to make some type of decision about what you can/can't offer me, then I think I should have the right to obtain this score (yes, EX, I'm talking about you).  And while I'm ranting, that includes not having access on this site to the more commonly used TU04 - why do we have to be stuck with TU98?

Message 135 of 154
dharalex
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

The CRA's and Fair Isaac make hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars on their consumer purchased credit reporting business segments.  EX, EQ and TU through their duping of the general public into buying their useless PLUS scores, and Fair Isaac through it's virtual monopoly of the only place to provide two of the three FICO scores and reports to consumers.  It's a true David and Goliath situation at play, and us consumers get the shaft yet again.  Imagine that...Smiley Mad 

I was definitely disappointed yesterday when I signed up, Hell, I was pissed. But, I don't think this is a scam. I DO believe that their intent was to do something monumental to help the consumer with credit issues. That being said, I will continue to use the service, because I need that extra info that I cannot get here. Don't get me wrong, this site is extremely helpful. However, I need a little more than YMMV. I have purchased "The Road to 850" and have gotten some great verifiable information. So all is not lost! I've decided work with what I have. The email stated they did have additional changes coming. As always, when you start to affect someone's wallet, they attack!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 136 of 154
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I was definitely disappointed yesterday when I signed up, Hell, I was pissed. But, I don't think this is a scam. I DO believe that their intent was to do something monumental to help the consumer with credit issues. That being said, I will continue to use the service, because I need that extra info that I cannot get here. Don't get me wrong, this site is extremely helpful. However, I need a little more than YMMV. I have purchased "The Road to 850" and have gotten some great verifiable information. So all is not lost! I've decided work with what I have. The email stated they did have additional changes coming. As always, when you start to affect someone's wallet, they attack!

I have the book, too, and I'm seriously considering signing up under the discount even if it is just for advice right now.  Like you, I'm hopeful that eventually they could offer the scores like they'd planned.  But, based on the email I'm not too hopeful that they'll be able to overcome the significant push-back they're getting. 

However, if nothing else it shows how enmeshed the CRA and FICO are if they are actually fighting to keep people from getting this information.  It's obviously about financial gain for them, and very much anti-consumer. 

Message 137 of 154
guydiver
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I have the book, too, and I'm seriously considering signing up under the discount even if it is just for advice right now.  Like you, I'm hopeful that eventually they could offer the scores like they'd planned.  But, based on the email I'm not too hopeful that they'll be able to overcome the significant push-back they're getting. 

However, if nothing else it shows how enmeshed the CRA and FICO are if they are actually fighting to keep people from getting this information.  It's obviously about financial gain for them, and very much anti-consumer

I totally agree.  It's like politics.  If the guy running against you is the better opponent with the better message and the better plan, how to you beat him?  Just do everything you can to discredit or obstruct his campaign.  That is what is going on here.  I would absolutely love to see a class action lawsuit to put an end to this crap.

Message 138 of 154
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Apparently these guys have been in Washington D.C. fighting this crap for a while now and travelling back and forth from Utah to do so. 

Might just be champions of the cause, right there. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Message 139 of 154
kjm79
Valued Contributor

TNTransplant wrote:

However, if nothing else it shows how enmeshed the CRA and FICO are if they are actually fighting to keep people from getting this information.  It's obviously about financial gain for them, and very much anti-consumer. 

I have to disagree on JUST one point.  Even when this site gets the scores portion up and running, they have to get the score from FICO who would make money from MCP.  So what's FICO's motivation for fighting it's launch?  CRA's I can totally see.  They'd lose out on the money they make selling their worthless scores.  But what reason would FICO have to keep MCP down? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 140 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.