cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU's can have AMEX not report to CRA's (unless the AU is a Spouse of PAH)

tag
BenConrad
Valued Member

AMEX AU's can have AMEX not report to CRA's (unless the AU is a Spouse of PAH)

I am an AMEX Plat AU and the PAH keeps large monthly balances ($50-100K) which are negatively affecting my FICO's.

After several disputes with CRA's to have the account deleted from my CBR's, EXP and EQ continue to show the balance but tell me that it no longer counts in my credit utilation nor my score.  However, i believe and all indicators show that it did still lower my score.  

TU is the only CRA that deleted the Amex from my CBR completely and my Vantage 3.0 score jumped 65 points as a result that day to 795.

1 months ago EXP showed the account with a $0 balance (down from 23K) after another dispute and my FICO jumped 10 points (715).  

Last week Amex updated on reporting cycle date showing a $58K balance--my FICO score dropped 15 points (700)

That is all the proof that I needed.

Experian and Equifax still refuse to delete.  

Today I called Amex customer service and asked that i not be reported to any CRA and they said no problem they will cease reporting as of today and it shop at the next update. I asked a few questions and learned that their policy is to not report at the AU's request--UNLESS--the AU is a spouse which they will report regardless of any request.

I will update this post after I am no longer showing on EQ and EXP 

2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX AU's can have AMEX not report to CRA's (unless the AU is a Spouse of PAH)

Why dont you ask to be removed from the charge card from the primary holder. This up and down isnt worth it. Save some headaches.

Message 2 of 3
BenConrad
Valued Member

Re: AMEX AU's can have AMEX not report to CRA's (unless the AU is a Spouse of PAH)

i need the Amex Platinum card and the benefits--i use it regularfly and really dont want to give it up.  Now that they have agreed to not report to the CRA's its no longer a problem.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.