Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Corporate

tag
IsleSeat
Contributor

AMEX Corporate

My employer just granted me an Amex Corporate Card, where I am responsible to pay the bill. First, when it was submitted, Amex refused (due to a 1992 ! incident), but then they reported that my employer 'stepped in'. My SSN was reported. The card was granted. Does this cause a 'hard inquiry' on my reports, on which and does the card reflect on my CR?
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
I came straight out of Hell
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Corporate

IsleSeat wrote:
My employer just granted me an Amex Corporate Card, where I am responsible to pay the bill. First, when it was submitted, Amex refused (due to a 1992 ! incident), but then they reported that my employer 'stepped in'. My SSN was reported. The card was granted. Does this cause a 'hard inquiry' on my reports, on which and does the card reflect on my CR?

I am guessing you did not get a hard Inq and it will not show on your reports... You were denied because AMEX blacklists and never forgets if you default on them.
Message 2 of 13
jandj
New Contributor

I just got an AMEX Corporate card and it showed up as a hard inquiry on my report.
Message 3 of 13
IsleSeat
Contributor

Well, I think it depends, is the Corporation yours? And are you liable to pay the balances every month? Did you have a hard time?
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 4 of 13
jandj
New Contributor

The Corporation is not mine....I wish!  I am liable for the charges and then get reimbursed by the company.  Therefore, I'm allowed to make personal charges on the card as well.  I was actually denied originally, but called and asked to be reconsidered and got it!
Message 5 of 13
IsleSeat
Contributor

...and that may be the difference, I did not call to reconsider, but my employer stepped in as a 'back up'. I firmly believe, contrary to Tuscany, that the moment you are liable for the balances that it will reflect as an account on your CR. Does it show on yours?
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 6 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

IsleSeat wrote:
...and that may be the difference, I did not call to reconsider, but my employer stepped in as a 'back up'. I firmly believe, contrary to Tuscany, that the moment you are liable for the balances that it will reflect as an account on your CR. Does it show on yours?

I am no expert on corp reporting. I am simply posting based on experience. I could never use any corp card I have ever had for personal purchases. And the bill and all charges fell under the responsibility of the company.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-08-2007 01:52 PM
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

IsleSeat wrote:

It does not show up on your CRAs... I've had a corporate card that has been renewed three times over the last 9.5 years. I am fully responsible for PIF every month, and I never received any benefit on my CRAs. It's a ghost.

There are EX SOFT inquiries EVERY MONTH from AMEX on my reports though. I noticed when I started disputing inaccuracies in Feb. EX report shows all of the interested parties with PP doing soft pulls.

It's a bummer that AMEX Corp doesn't report, because I would have had a better starting point than a car loan. Smiley Sad
Rob
Message 8 of 13
IsleSeat
Contributor

Thank you, FOCUSED, all questions answered.
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No Prob.Smiley Very Happy

Rob
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.