Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EX SCORE

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

AMEX EX SCORE

Recently got a score update on AMEX and it went up to 771 which is correct per EX site but it says 1) Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short , 2) Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed. I have no negative items on my credit file EVER. Why would it be saying this? 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EX SCORE

@Harvey26 wrote:

Recently got a score update on AMEX and it went up to 771 which is correct per EX site but it says 1) Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short , 2) Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed. I have no negative items on my credit file EVER. Why would it be saying this? 

In the last 7 years you have never had any type of baddie? Severe late, CA, CO, repo, FC, BK, defaulted SL, nothing? If not, that is very odd then that you got flagged with that and I would pull all 3 credit reports from annual credit report (free to pull weekly thru 4/2021 - no scores) and comb over them all carefully to see exactly what is going on and where that might be coming from.

Perhaps an old bill with a very small residual balance popped up a CA? Your scores seem too high for that, but I would double/triple check. Regardless of no scoring change, if a CA is under $100, it is a "nuisance" collection, and does not impact the newer scoring models, so you would not see a score decrease in your F8s/F9s, but it would impact the olders scores like mortgage scores. It also may be on only 1 or 2 CRs and not all 3.

Message 2 of 13
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous I had a collection last year but it was completely removed from all of my reports. They gave me a phone number to there Credit bureau team to see why they are flagging that. I just dont want an adverse actions to my account. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it could be the Experian glitch at play that members have been talking about for several weeks. 

A > 770 score on a dirty file while not completely out of the realm of possiblity would be an extreme outlier case.

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Harvey26 wrote:

Except that AmEx tracks internaly this information, so even though you had the collection item removed, it's an internal programmatical piece of AI that is part of your AmEx history, since at one point, it existed and this was captured via account reviews/SPs.  

Looking at the the initial post, it may appear as misleading by the misnomer of "ever" since readers would presume that your file never had such a blemish, when in fact it did, even if it was a while back.  Semantics aside, I'm not sure that their internal credit bureau unit can override AI data.  I'm sure at some point it'll drop off, but it's doubtful it may be an AA issue going forward since it's no longer present in CRs.

Message 5 of 13
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@FinStar I said ever because it was placed on there in error and was removed the same month and I didnt even have AMEX when it happened. But I will call just for Peace of mind. 

Message 6 of 13
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Amex makes stuff up. I hope this is resolved easily and quickly.

Message 7 of 13
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Save-n-Invest  Yeah I sent an email to AMEX Ceo and he actually responded and someone from there executive office email me saying that they were assigned to my case and they would help me. 

Message 8 of 13
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@FinStar I said ever because it was placed on there in error and was removed the same month and I didnt even have AMEX when it happened. But I will call just for Peace of mind. 

I just want ed add to the conversation that Amex SP people all the time, including myself.

I never had an Amex... personal, business nor even as a authorized user but  I did have a kind/type of Amex prepaid of auto refill card 6-7 years ago.  When reviewing SPs on a hard copy of my Experian reports I do frequently see that Amex is listed on the reports.

** I do not know what kind of detailed information these companies can aquire whie doing these type of inquiries.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say just the typical look at your CR that's possible from any type of pull.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.