Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and Fico Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX and Fico Score

Hello.... First off this is my first post on the forum. Nice to be here thank you. Quick question I thought I would ask some of the experts here. I am looking to get an AMEX card. Would actually prefer the Delta Skymiles since I would use it a lot to get Skymiles and fly when I can. Getting married in a year so all the purchases I make would mean more miles to use for honeymoon plane tickets. I have a Fico score of 698 and was wondering what I would be likely to be approved for. I am hoping I would be approved for the Skymiles card, but if not that is ok. Everyone feel free to comment and I look forward to other's responses. Thanks! -David
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX and Fico Score

Welcome.. Amex will pull EX. What is your EX score? Any baddies? Delta is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) Amex card to get.

Be sure to read the Scoring 101 thread.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with a 678 on 6/23 and the used EX. I also applied for the honors card wait for that approv. so don't know yet.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello... What does EX mean? I am assuming Equifax? If so I just pulled up and funny thing is it says 615?? How can I have a 615 there and Transunion has me at 698? Hmm that is weird! Well doubt I will have much luck with a 615 if they pull the Equifax report then.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX= Experian
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm not sure what my Experian score is..... As of now TU is 698 and Equifax is showing 615. That is a HUGE difference.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

go for it.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get all three true Fico's not Faco's here at myfico.
Message 8 of 20
girlie
Regular Contributor

they pulled all three reports for me and my lowest was 635 at the time i believe.  you will probably be okay.  good luck.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys....just hate to apply for it and to find out I won't get approved and have the hit or inquiry on my report. I had some issues awhile back but they have dropped off and my credit has improved. Just to say it was around 465 about six years ago and I am now getting it back up again. I will probably sign up and get all three scores tomorrow and see what they say.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.