Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reporting new card date for AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX reporting new card date for AU?

Amex is reporting something like 1 year 2 months account age for me, primary account holder, but now only 3 months for my authorized user on the same account.. 

What?

I think this just happened/changed since I upgraded the bce to bcp..

I chatted with them and the girl told me it is right but I';m not so sure.. All of other cards the same person is an AU on all report the full account age for her and not just the age of the AU card.. 

Amex chat girl told me to call their credit bureau reporting people and I haven't yet.. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX reporting new card date for AU?

AMEX doesn’t backdate anymore period. It will always show as a new account. 

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex is reporting something like 1 year 2 months account age for me, primary account holder, but now only 3 months for my authorized user on the same account.. 

What?

I think this just happened/changed since I upgraded the bce to bcp..

I chatted with them and the girl told me it is right but I';m not so sure.. All of other cards the same person is an AU on all report the full account age for her and not just the age of the AU card.. 

Amex chat girl told me to call their credit bureau reporting people and I haven't yet.. 

They do not backdate AU accounts, so it will show the exact month and year AU was added. 

I would not contact CRA about this, as it's correct but CRA might think you're disputing. Amex cards are not the best choice if you're looking to artificially inflate AAoA. 

If that's desired effect, a different card would be better suited. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think her Account Age dropped since they issued the new BCP cards to both of us.. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.