Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reporting to CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX reporting to CRA

Hey everyone. I am a fairly new member of the AMEX family. I have an AMEX Gold charge card for which I was approved on 3/4/20. Ive since used it for some things. I've made two payments (I tend to make more than one payment a month on my cards, which perhaps is a waste, but it's what I do.) The statement posted on 3/16/20. Ive had a payment due date, which of course I made the payment on time. They even updated my EX score on 3/16/20, which I know because it was given as the reason I was declined for an AMEX credit card as a complementary card to the Gold. (Ive actually had close to a 50 point increase in the last couple weeks on EX and the CSR advised me to wait for the next score update on AMEX to ensure it's still a SP when I apply again.) One thing that has not yet happened? AMEX has not reported the account yet to any of the CRAs. Anyone have any ideas when this will happen? I'm curious to see if my scores will drop when this happens or not. I know it'll be a temporary drop. But I'm eagerly awaiting it nonetheless. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX reporting to CRA

I believe Amex can take up to 2 months to report. 

Im sure someone else will chime in

Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It will report after second statement, so early May for you. 

Message 3 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

^^^^ i would go for applications/CLI after 60, with CLI's (whats worked for me) being first then App right after if need be

Message 4 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I got my last 2 on 1/25/20. Still not reporting. 2nd statement has already cut

Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone. I am a fairly new member of the AMEX family. I have an AMEX Gold charge card for which I was approved on 3/4/20. Ive since used it for some things. I've made two payments (I tend to make more than one payment a month on my cards, which perhaps is a waste, but it's what I do.) The statement posted on 3/16/20. Ive had a payment due date, which of course I made the payment on time. They even updated my EX score on 3/16/20, which I know because it was given as the reason I was declined for an AMEX credit card as a complementary card to the Gold. (Ive actually had close to a 50 point increase in the last couple weeks on EX and the CSR advised me to wait for the next score update on AMEX to ensure it's still a SP when I apply again.) One thing that has not yet happened? AMEX has not reported the account yet to any of the CRAs. Anyone have any ideas when this will happen? I'm curious to see if my scores will drop when this happens or not. I know it'll be a temporary drop. But I'm eagerly awaiting it nonetheless. 

2-3 statements .. I have had em at 2 and at 3.    .. trust me, it will report.

Message 6 of 8
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

They will report after 2 or 3 statements.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.