Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARROW FINANCIAL CLOSING ACCOUNT AND DELETING IT FROM CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARROW FINANCIAL CLOSING ACCOUNT AND DELETING IT FROM CRA

Hi,
I got a big surprise when I called Arrow financial to set up a payment plan. They informed me that the account has been closed and that they were gonna delete it from the my credit report.,
I checked my credit report about a month later and the entries have been deleted.

Here is why I'm puzzled: I didn't ask them do delete it, I didn't ask them to close the account , they didn't even gave me the time to dispute the debt. Right before the account was closed the debt went from $1860 to $3600.

Should I ask them why the account was closed ( they never really gave me an answer)? Or should I just let it go? I'm a bit scared that they will report it again under a different account #.

They did sent me a letter stating that "in the light of the information that you have provided to us (I NEVER PROVIDED ANY INFO), we have ceased all further collections efforts regarding this account. Likewise, we have contacted each credit-reporting agency to which we previously furnished information regarding this account and requested that such information be deleted from their files"

Any thought, input would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ARROW FINANCIAL CLOSING ACCOUNT AND DELETING IT FROM CRA

No, don't call them! You got lucky!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put that letter in a safty deposit box. DO NOT LOST IT!!!!  Say nothing!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would count my blessings and let it go! Don't rock the boat.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Congrats!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.