Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&t wireless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AT&t wireless

What kind of scores do you have to have to gt approved for this without having a deposit.  Which CRA do they pull.  Thanks
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AT&t wireless

Try www.whogavemecredit.com using AT&T as your search -- fun little site!

Peas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 14
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure the kind of scores you'll need are the ones that aren't like mines was. They checked EXP which has a score of 566 (due to a re-aged account), and they also checked TU and EQ and I have no score with TU and EQ (a lot of stuff dropped off), either way I was required to put a $300 deposit when I signed-up in October. I just wanted to give you an idea of what my score did for me Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

FWIW....................I signed up about 4 years ago, and I don't know if they pulled any CR. I know they do not report - at least I have never seen an item on any CR from them.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I did the app online, I think I was approved without a deposit because I was able to finish the process without it telling me I needed a deposit.  When I attempted to do it in my boyfriend's name it said he did not quailfy ( credit score too low). Then i later recieved an email that said welcome to AT&T and that my phone would be shipped out in 3-5 days.  The only reason i went to them is for the free phone. I hate the idea of having a contract.  But oh well.
Message 5 of 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

it will be interesting to see if AT & T reports your account to the CRA's. I think the only time they report is if the customer becomes delinquent. 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 14
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

They will not report unless your account goes delinquent/goes into collections. The only things that show-up are their inquiries.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you get around the credit check and depsit giving them a credit card as payment method?

I Don't need their credit when i have free credit to pay for their for their Services
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have to put my $.02 in here.

AT&T cell service is absolutely horrible.  (At least here in the Washington, DC region)  I highly suggest going with another carrier as their customer service is terrible as well.  I am counting the days down to April when my contract is up so I can switch to Verizon Wireless.

FWIW, they do not report to the CB unless you're late.

On a side note, on a trip to Pittsburgh over Christmas to visit the in laws, I noticed my cell phone worked in the Alleghany Mountain Tunnel the whole way through.  Must be repeaters in there.  I thought that was pretty cool.
Message 9 of 14
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I don't think you can get around the credit check, it's something they seem so to do whenever anyone wants to open an account.

As for AT&T service, I have the opposite opinion, they're good in nyc and I have very little contact with their customer service, besides paying my bill on time.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.