Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Tradelines

Hi,

Im looking into getting an AU tradeline added to my credit profile. It seems that most people get these AU tradelines to add avalible credit and bring down their utilazation. However I am just looking to add some age to my credit history. I have read that alot of AU accounts stay on your report and continue to age as a closed account once you are removed from the AU account, depending on what issuer the account is with. Looking for someone that has some experience with this that could inform me which issuer would be best to get an AU account with. One that will report to all 3 bureaus, backdate the history of the account on my reports, and stay on my reports and continue to age for several years after im removed from the AU account.  Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AU Tradelines

Good luck on your quest, sincerely.  I personally have never heard of a AU account staying the course of time after being removed. I can only add 100% sure Amex wont be your lender as they dont backdate anymore. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get an answer to your question (elsewhere)? This is EXACTLY my situation too. I need age and I don't want to lose the aging in a few months. If you did get an answer, what card AU did you end up getting? Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes authorized user accounts can remain on the credit report after authorized user authorization has been terminated. Whether it stays or is removed varies by lender and it is hard to predict when any account drops off because sometimes it just happens.

Sometimes lenders don't want to have to be concerned with any future disputes or updates or anything so they just delete it out of the blue. sometimes it will stay a while. As AJC said, AmEx no longer backdates. 

@Anonymous pay $800? If you are speaking of tradeline renting, that is not permissible for discussion here due to TOS and is not recommended. 

Message 4 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Looks like this is your first post here, welcome to the site.

It's good that you are adamant about not purchasing an AU tradeline, as that is a topic not to be discussed here. 

Do you have a friend or relative with a clean profile that is willing as a favor to add you as an AU to an existing tradeline of theirs where they would retain the card in their posession? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  and @coldfusion Thank you for letting me know that the subject is prohibited. I just edited that out of my post. Seriously, thank you. That would have been great, getting banned within minutes of joining.

Message 6 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You probably wouldn't have been banned,  most likely your post would have been edited with a comment added that it's a topic to avoid.    You're not in any doghouse. 

Dealing as an AU with a closed tradeline is very much a YMMV,  the senario I outlined above regarding a trusted friend or relative with a clean profile adding you as favor is a more reliable senario.    You'll just want to make sure you know the steps you need to take if a derog becomes associated with it as by default it will also propogate to your credit report.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  and @coldfusion Thank you for letting me know that the subject is prohibited. I just edited that out of my post. Seriously, thank you. That would have been great, getting banned within minutes of joining.

The other issue is that there are anti-abuse algorithms that may discard AU accounts from your score if they feel they are not "genuine" enough.

My SO has an AU account of mine and while I am losted as "spouse or co-applicant" on his CRs and we have the same address and mostly the same info between buraues, I noticed that on some scorecards there was no change. We do not share the same last name, as we are not married, but have been together 20+ years.

If you and the AU share little commonalities, that may increase the risk of the anti-abuse algorithm kicking in.

Message 9 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

The subject you edited out the primary reason FICO changed the scoring impact of authorized user trade lines.  The original intent for creation of ownership type of authorized user was not for friends and relatives to help others get a higher credit score.  Why should a person that makes zero contribution financial or non receive any score benefits for an authorized user trade line?   Authorized user accounts were / are situations like a stay at home mom or dad as an example. There are more valid ones than that. Some lenders will want all authorized user trade lines removed to get rid of any possible distortion in the score. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.