Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU strange occurrance

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

AU strange occurrance

This has happened a couple of times now and I'm confused. My wife has me as an AU on a 600 limit card she has. A couple of times she has let about 10% report. When it reports a balance I may get a small bump, but then on the months she pays it back to ) I get a 5-9 point ding on Fico 8 depending on the CRA. I have 3 other cards with a combined limit of 41000 and less than 8% utilization. One of those cards has a balance of less than 18% and last time one of the others has a small charge that was reported less than 1%.

Last time when this happened, my number of revolvers counting the AU went from 50% reporting to 25%. This time with the one that had a small charge it went from the number of revolvers reporting from 75% to 50% reporting. If anything this should show an increase in score from what I've gathered around here, but for some reason, it drops it. This has happened two times now on EX and TU. If it stands to what happened last time I saw this, then EQ won't move. 

This has gotten me to wondering if the number of revolvers is counted someway different when its an AU account. Has anyone else seen any of this type of behavior in their scores? 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: AU strange occurrance

I just got the alert that this account updated on EQ and just like last time I had this it did not move, so there must be some different about how TU and EX treats AU accounts.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

I just got the alert that this account updated on EQ and just like last time I had this it did not move, so there must be some different about how TU and EX treats AU accounts.

I could be wrong, but I read last night on the FICO site that AU accounts are not factored into the FICO 8 scoring model (possibly could have misread).  I know this to be true for at least util based on my report & my util.  I have an AU account and according to the "Amount of Debt" tab on myFICO, it is not being factored in that calculation.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What it says is something like AU accounts are not factored into this attribute. What its referring to is the AAoA that it is being displayed there to you. It does NOT say that is the AAoA being used by the algorithm. It may or may not be, depending on whether or not your AUs are flagged by the anti-abuse flag.

Same applies to utilization. You cannot trust the front-end CMS software. If you wanna know if they're being counted by the algorithm, you have to test them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.