Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to apply for mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to apply for mortgage

Hello all!!  I did a search for this but didn't really find a good answer. My question is, we just paid off our credit card in full (Cap. One), and we are about to pay our auto loan off(Ford cred.) this month. I would like to wait to apply for the mortgage until these balances are shown as 0 on our reports. But how long does it usually take for it to show up? I have heard 30, 60, even 90 days. I hope not that long!! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to apply for mortgage

You are at the mercy of the OC...But if you have  current copy of your CR you can look and see when these two have reported in the past. This may give you an idea, or you can call the OC and ask when they will update your file. Good luck! And let us know the out come of your PIF results.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to show you zero balance statements and ask most mortgage companys to order a Merge. That should show your new scores but it wouldn't hurt to wait.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tip...If you dispute the items it will be so much more quicker. I disputed one of my cc and it updated in a little over a wk. I have found out to always dispute paid items as bal is incorrect to get quick service. Peoples don't understand that they control our lives when they don't report positives more faster.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.