Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account removal lagging?

tag
JENEA
Valued Member

Account removal lagging?

Experian sent me an email that a collection account was deleted as a result of my dispute. I logged in and my Alerts on Experian show that the dispute was complete and the account has been deleted. However when i go to the report it is still there under collection accounts. When i go to the dispute page it is nolonger listed at all. Its like its in limbo. Still there but not. Any insight? This is the last collection on my Experian report.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Account removal lagging?

If an account is deleted as a finding/result of a dispute, the CRA is required to provide a copy of your revised credit report as an accompaniment to their Notice of Results of Reinvesitagation that shows that the deletion (or correction) has actually been made.

See FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(ii).

The revised copy that is sent to you is the official copy that documents the deletion or correction.

Message 2 of 3
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Account removal lagging?

@JENEA wrote:
Experian sent me an email that a collection account was deleted as a result of my dispute. I logged in and my Alerts on Experian show that the dispute was complete and the account has been deleted. However when i go to the report it is still there under collection accounts. When i go to the dispute page it is nolonger listed at all. Its like its in limbo. Still there but not. Any insight? This is the last collection on my Experian report.

Just an FYI to others who might read this, Experian will udpate the next day, usually at 12:00 am. I've logged in at 12:01 and seen an updated report, so sometimes you just have to wait a day.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.