Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account showing on TU Vantage as open but closed in detailed report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account showing on TU Vantage as open but closed in detailed report

Odd issue with TU's Vantage Score 3.0 credit reports that I've been trying to figure out for a while. One of the accounts closed in my 2014 BK, a Chase Visa, still reports as "open/status unknown" in VS reports such as the ones I get from Capital One and Credit Karma. However, I called TU today to fix a technical problem with login to my account so I took the opportunity to check my report to make sure a consumer statement I'd filed that past weekend had been properly recorded (it had). I looked up the Chase Visa, and it appears exactly as it should - included in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, closed by grantor.

I'm perplexed as to why it's still showing as open/status unknown (it does show in the report on Capital One as "chapter 7 bankruptcy" in remarks); since the CL of that card is included in the overall credit total, it's throwing off the accuracy of my utilization on TU in VS. Please note that both EQ and EX are reporting this account correctly in the VS reports. I did get the Consumer Relations Department number at TU from the lady I talked to to fix my login issue. According to creditchecktotal, that account shows up as "open/unknown" in TU and closed in EX/EQ, so I suspect it's basically a clerical issue where whoever entered the info at TU originally goofed though they did remember to record the zero balance and Chapter 7 BK information. Ideas?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.