Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a AU to Discover

tag
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Adding a AU to Discover

Greetings all, quick question. If my wife adds me to her Discover account will they do a hard or soft pull on my credit? I know they won't pull a credit check on her, but I couldn't find a answer on the Disco website for me. TIA.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding a AU to Discover

@CardHunter wrote:

Greetings all, quick question. If my wife adds me to her Discover account will they do a hard or soft pull on my credit? I know they won't pull a credit check on her, but I couldn't find a answer on the Disco website for me. TIA.

Based on what Discover told me a few months ago when I asked, no, there are no pulls involved, soft or hard, on either person. They do need the AU's SSN for identification purposes, but they do not use it to pull their credit report.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 2 of 3
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: Adding a AU to Discover

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Based on what Discover told me a few months ago when I asked, no, there are no pulls involved, soft or hard, on either person. They do need the AU's SSN for identification purposes, but they do not use it to pull their credit report.

+1. You should be fine, no hard pull.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.