Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding tradeline back after disputing - Macys Card AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding tradeline back after disputing - Macys Card AU

Hello everyone. 

Im a bit confused on how I can fix this. I was added as a AU on a Macys credit card, I disputed it with experian due to being a dummy and it was succesfully removed from EX, EQ & TU. I want the trade line to report due to how old it is and the limit on it. I got my sister to re-add me as an AU but that didn't force an update to the CBs. I've called Experian since I disputed the tradeline with them and they said to contact macys about it. Then macys says they cant force an update to the CBs.

If anyone has gotten a tradeline readded after disputing it, please point me in the correct path, especially if it was one of the macys/bloomies cards. 

TIA!   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Adding tradeline back after disputing - Macys Card AU

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. 

Im a bit confused on how I can fix this. I was added as a AU on a Macys credit card, I disputed it with experian due to being a dummy and it was succesfully removed from EX, EQ & TU. I want the trade line to report due to how old it is and the limit on it. I got my sister to re-add me as an AU but that didn't force an update to the CBs. I've called Experian since I disputed the tradeline with them and they said to contact macys about it. Then macys says they cant force an update to the CBs.

If anyone has gotten a tradeline readded after disputing it, please point me in the correct path, especially if it was one of the macys/bloomies cards. 

TIA!   

How long did you wait after being re-added as an AU?

Have you waited atleast 1 billing cycle for the new account to report?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed the account back in June 2020, then was added back as an AU in September 2020. The card is always being used, starting to think I'm SOL on the tradeline ever reporting again. 

Message 3 of 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

You can try asking Macy's, again, to re-report but that's really your only option and if they do rereport it still may not appear on all 3 bureaus since it was removed due to a dispute (TU apparently has some policy about not re-adding AUs deleted due to disputes).

I did the same thing a few years ago with my USAA AU and all bureaus removed it. Creditors usually won't bother with an AU dispute done through the bureaus-- best for the primary cardholder to open a direct dispute with the creditor.  Anyway, USAA agreed to re-report (i sent my request in writing)-- EX and EQ re-added it but TU refused.   Lesson learned, don't bureau dispute AU accounts. 

Good luck!!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Unfortunately you have learned firsthand about the rules of unintended consequences - one should think twice before disputing a positive tradline with a CRA.

Did Macy's actually confirm that they are in fact again reporting the tradeline to the CRAs? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Send a letter to:

Credit Bureau Dispute Verification

P.O. Box 8218

Mason, OH 45040-8218

You can double check to make sure that's the current address. In the letter outline that the account was incorrectly disputed and that you do not dispute the account and wish for the account to be reported. This department doesn't accept phone calls, and it's the only one that can help you. Don't waste your time calling, just mail a letter and wait a few weeks for a response. I would include the account number, along with your name and date of birth. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.