tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Address Problem On EX...again

Last year EX was listing my current addy as an old Mailboxes Etc
addy I used 5+ yrs ago. I tried to have the correct it and remove
the old addy with no success.

This has caused me grief. Creditors who pulled EX questioned me
about the old addy and I had to provide proof of my correct addy.
Also, any mail sent to Mailboxes Etc is undeliverable and could
easily go to whoever is the current box holder.

A few months ago EX finally began listing my correct current addy.

Last week I again disputed the old addy, asking EX to remove it.
Guess what? EX is again showing it as my current addy. Idiots.

I'm frustrated and P'd with Ex. Will wait till I get the dispute
resolution letter from them (IF I get it), but I'm considering
putting a FA on my EX.

Any pros/cons to doing the FA till I get this resolved?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Address Problem On EX...again

bump...

because I want to know the answer too..

I seriously have 4 full pages of addresses on my CR.
Message 2 of 7
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Anderson, try to see if someone pulled your credit, i.e. account review or soft inquiry.  I had the same problem - took two years to fix -- I updated every one of my accounts by calling and sending a copy of my utility bill with my exact current address, sometimes the EQ rep will tell you which tradeline is reporting the old address -

Someone is reporting it - that is how it gets back on there - Try googling your name in the US online phonebook and you might be able to get that deleted (if it shows up), there is a lot of old info rolling around.

I just watched my reports to see what snooping was going on and finally I pulled my report with my new address then one week later, I pulled my report again and left off "N" off my street as my new address and lo and behold I have my adjusted current address and my real address as my last address and the other fell off!
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks teamfico. I pulled a fresh EX report today, no new softs or hards.

Every creditor has my correct addy, even the one CA has it as I've had correspondence with them. Tho it would not surprise me if they deliberately try to fubar my reports.

Guess next step after getting my dispute letter is contacting EX again, god I hate dealing with them, and trying to find out who is reporting that addy.

Really thinking about a FA tho cause this is just too irritating  and is cause for a tad of paranoia.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I've discovered:

Background:  When an address is added/disputed/changed by or with Experian, but not deleted, the most recently added/disputed/changed address moves to the top of the list of all addresses listed in the Personal Information section of the Experian credit report.

MYFICO does not pull actual current addresses from Experian.  MYFICO merely pulls the first 3 addresses listed in the Experian personal information section.  MYFICO uses the first address in the list as the Current Address and the second 2 addresses as the Previous Addresses.

How I proved this was:  When daughter was added as AU on my accounts, my address was added to her Experian credit report.  Thus, my address ended up at the top of the list of addresses in the personal information section of her Experian credit report.  When MYFICO reports were run, my address was shown as the Current Address.  To prove my theory, we disputed daughters' previous address since the spelling of street name was incorrect.  Wa-La!  The previous address was corrected and now appears at the top of the list of addresses on the Experian credit report.  We then ran MYFICO reports again.  The corrected Previous Address is now shown on MYFICO reports as the Current Address.  We called Experian and asked them to confirm her current address.  And yes, they indeed confirmed the correct current address.

Thus, this appears to be a programming issue when others (such as MYFICO) pull information from Experian.  Doesn't look like they are able to pull from a "field" designated as Current Address.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

dwarfess-

Excellent explanation & makes sense, thanks.

Guess I'll dispute my correct addy so EX moves it to the top, ha. But I will get the old ones removed somehow

EX creates this problem. I believe it's not just MyFico that grabs the top addy as current tho.

Last year 2 creditors, Amex & CCCU, both pulled EX & both questioned my addy. They kept referring to the old, incorrect one. Seems that when they pull, their own software is programmed to pluck the addy from the top of the list from EX.

When disputing addresses with TU & EQ I've never had a problem.

Message 6 of 7
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Anderson:

The questioning of old addressess by Amex and CCCU just jogged my memory on something.  I applied for Walmart in November 2007, got the 7-10 day response. 

I called and they asked me a list of questions.  In that list were 2 addresses that had been deleted from my reports for over a year, very weird and at that time I was thinking where in the world were they getting their info from. 

Obviously, they pull different reports than what we are able to see.  

Those addresses were not put back on my report, not as of today, though.
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.