Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to Improve My Credit Profile

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Advice to Improve My Credit Profile

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all. New user to these forums. Came here to seek guidance from expert credit wizards on how to quickly improve my wallet.

Ill try to be specific about my credit history. So here goes.

October 2017: Browsed my credit score for the first time ever. 650 then. Until this point, I had NEVER owned any credit card in my entire life (btw I'm 29 as of June 1, 2018) I frequently made purchases on Amazon and simply paid with my debit card. I ended up biting on the Visa Signature Amazon Prime CC. This was my first official Credit Card. $2,500 Limit

December 2017: With Christmas around the corner, I was desperate to make it a fascinating one for my family (wife and daughter) Ended up getting the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card. $1,500 Limit.

January 2018: Wanted to buy my bro a new computer. Years ago, I bought myself one on Newegg. So this time, I decided to apply for and pay with the Newegg Store Credit Card. Not exactly a home run hit by any means. Its not as good a card as the promotional offers imply. Not gonna be a card I keep in the late future. $2,500 Limit.

May 2018: My credit score at this point was sitting at 720. I had been paying off all my CC balances within a month. So my score must have skyrocketted pretty quickly. I had my eyes set on the Chase Freedom Unlimited for a while. Decided to apply for it. Unfortunately, I was rejected immediately. FORTUNATELY, I had the rejection overturned by calling the reconsideration line. It was approved and they set me up with a $3,600 limit.

So here we are now. In June. Credit Score currently at 740. Primarily using my Freedom Unlimited. Amex has no balance on it at the moment. But my Chase F.U. is sitting at about $2K. I went crazy when i first got it a couple weeks back. But I will have it paid off within a couple months (I have 15 months 0% intro APR anyways) .

So yeah. Sorry for long post. But what should my next move be? I was looking for a good travel card. Does anyone have the Chase Sapphire Preffered and if so, is it a great card?

Your heading is "Advice to Improve My Credit Profile" but your post concludes "What should my next move be? I was looking for a good travel card".

In my opinion the best thing you can do to improve your credit file is to do nothing, and to take good care of the accounts you already have.

Then, when you're preapproved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Chase Sapphire Reserved, get one.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.