Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm only reporting to one bureau?

tag
HighGoals
New Contributor

Affirm only reporting to one bureau?

I have great standing with Affirm which gave me a loan with Wayfair. Unfortunately they all are only reporting to Experian. Is there a way I can get them to report to the other two bureaus? Do you think they will do that if  requested?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Affirm only reporting to one bureau?

I see people say this all the time and find it odd because they've always reported to all 3 bureaus for me.

EDIT: I take that back. Had them confused with LEAD bank. They're only reporting to EX for me as well.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reported Experian for me and I used Affirm a number of times.

Probably best it doesn't report to all as these installment loans can be a reason for credit denials even if it doesn't hurt your score.

If it reported to all 3 I would have used it less as each loan is a new account and can hurt chances for approvals.

Message 3 of 5
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Affirm do not and will not report to Equifax or Transunion.

Probably don't want to pay the fee to use their databases. They only use Experian soft pulls for approval too I believe.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In order to report to a given CRA, the creditor must establish a credit reporting agreement with that CRA.  Repporting to any CRA is totally optional on the part of any  creditor, so some decide only to set up a credit reporting agreement with one or two, but not three, of the big-3 CRAs.

That can save them time and expense in reporting to multiple CRAs.

If a creditor has established reporting agreements with each of the CRAs, they  can still decide to report to only one or two.  You can request they report to all three, but it is their decision.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.