Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afraid of Hooters card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afraid of Hooters card

I just got my first Hooters card statement....balance is 36.00 and MINIMUM payment due is 20.00???? WTH???? I'm not griping about the 20.00.....but that seems a bit high for such a low balance. And I haven't even charged anything on it....the 36.00 is the annual fee. I think this card will hardly ever see the light of day!Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by flygirl on 07-01-2007 10:41 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Afraid of Hooters card

They most likely have a minimum payment clause $20.00 in the agreement. May want to check.
Message 2 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I agree, read the disclosure...that would stink.  But honestly any card I've had that has had an annual fee seems to be the same way in that the minimum payment is disproportionate to what a purchase of the same amount would be.   

Any happy Hooters users to say it ain't so?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

minimum $20 I have cards that are $15 or $20. One is even $30 for the lowest minimum. If your bill was $8 minimum would be $8. If it was $21, minimum would be $20. If it were $60, minimum would still be (if 2%)$20.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 12
Migraine
New Contributor

They denied me and my score they pulled wasn't THAT bad
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My balance on the last statement was $13.33. The minimum due in 3 weeks is $13.33.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am afraid my wife will find out i have a hooters card...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:

Must, resist, urge, to comment, not, working ...
Message 9 of 12
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

dog wrote:

Must, resist, urge, to comment, not, working ...

Haha.. ditto!

Dog, carry it like a man! If you can't hang with the big dogs, stay off the hooters. Smiley Happy

(whistles nonchalantly)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.