cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After years of being in default on my cc with JC Penney, they suddenly updated an account as c/o

tag
avahunter

After years of being in default on my cc with JC Penney, they suddenly updated an account as c/o

Old JC Penney debt that was in default since jan 2020, has suddenly been updated by them as a charge off.

The account has been in default for going on 4 years. In my state 4 years is the SOL on credit cards. Is there a reason they would do this after all this time? 

thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: After years of being in default on my cc with JC Penney, they suddenly updated an account as c/

@avahunter wrote:

Old JC Penney debt that was in default since jan 2020, has suddenly been updated by them as a charge off.

The account has been in default for going on 4 years. In my state 4 years is the SOL on credit cards. Is there a reason they would do this after all this time? 

thanks

because they can and to get you to pay it, if it had been paid off (or settled in full), they wouldn't have been able to update their reporting 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.