Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my inquiries are gone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my inquiries are gone

So I checked my credit karma today and all of my inquiries from transunion have been removed. My score went up 24 points. None of them were over the 2 year mark. Has anyone ever heard of this before and why it happened? Will they be back? Really interested to know.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All of my inquiries are gone

I never heard of inquiries being "removed" before the 24 month mark.
Although Credit karma is useful for everday free monitoring, I would take it as a grain of salt. It might be because they're using the vantagescore model rather than the Fico model? Which still wouldn't make sense as vantage score hasn't released a new model recently...

Do you have any credit cards that provide you with free Fico scores? If so, did your Fico score shoot up as well?
Generally, the effect of inquiries on your FICO score will diminish after a year, while it stays on your record for 2 years.

I suggest taking it as a grain of salt: wait to see next week's report from credit karma and see if that's still the case.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There are a ton of threads on this.  Please don't overlook existing threads as a resource.

Scoring model and report data are two entirely different things.  CK does provide VantageScores but that has nothing to do with the report data provided.  It is only relevant to the scores.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glitch. They'll come back.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

There are a ton of threads on this.  Please don't overlook existing threads as a resource.

Scoring model and report data are two entirely different things.  CK does provide VantageScores but that has nothing to do with the report data provided.  It is only relevant to the scores.

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.