Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the mortgage people out there please help me please

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

All the mortgage people out there please help me please

I have a question for a land contract...what are the pros and cons of them? Also does the seller have to own their home free and clear or can they still have a mortgage on it to do a land contract? Im getting varying answers and im utterly confused. Also do land contracts require a down payment or is that up to the seller? Would I be better off just renting? Then try a mortgage or do a land contract then do a mortgage? Thanx!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: All the mortgage people out there please help me please

No, the home owner that is selling does not have to have a free & clear title. Let's say you buy the house or proprty from them. The mortgage loan or cash that you give them for the purchasing of the proeprty is what they will use to pay off the loan. The title company and realestate company will take care of the rest. Then when you pay off your mortgage then they will get you a title.

I have a question for a land contract...what are the pros and cons of them? Also does the seller have to own their home free and clear or can they still have a mortgage on it to do a land contract? Im getting varying answers and im utterly confused. Also do land contracts require a down payment or is that up to the seller? Would I be better off just renting? Then try a mortgage or do a land contract then do a mortgage? Thanx!
Message 2 of 5
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Because of the recent problems in the mortgage insdustry, here are the minimum requirements in order for you to be approved for a home. On a credit report the lender will look for any late payments, public records, etc. and of course a fico score. Do not be late on any of your accounts, Your monthly payments can only be at 33% of your income. So if you make $ 2,400.00 per month than your payment can not exceed $ 800.00 which includes monthly payment, insurance, proeprty tax. You have to have a minimum of 5% down in cash ($ 5,000.00 for every $ 100,000.00), the last two years of tax returns & W2's, if self employed the last few years, last 2 motnsh of paycheck stubs, satted income is not allowed-in other words you can not state that you make this amount of money without paycheck stubs or approved documentation., bank or credit union statements that show you have the money in the bank for the down payment and closing costs, you also need money for the closing costs unless the seller of the proeprty is will to do it for you.
Message 3 of 5
serenity72
New Contributor

Ty i can only rent a home or do a land contract at this time. I cannot do a mortgage through an actual lender as my scores are way to low. Thank you
Message 4 of 5
serenity72
New Contributor

another question. if I do do land contract with the owner of the house what is the best way to go about trying to get her to pay closing costs as well as being flexible with a down payment? Do i have to have a down payment? When and how would I owe the house, just after so many months of making payments? Trying to find out more information before I meet up with her. Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.