Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant updates plz

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant updates plz

Anyone have any recent reviews or any changed requirements with as far as score needed, salary requirements. Have there requirements gotten any harder. ? Besides score and chexsystems and payment history? My EQ is clean. 726 FICO 8 score. 3 active CCs all perfect utilization and payment history for 7 months , that's when they were all opened. Personal loan perfect since opened 3 months ago. Average credit age is 5 years with old wells Fargo CC closed by grantor but current and paid as agreed. Didn't use it for 8 months and they closed it back in 2014. Was opened in 2012. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant updates plz

Are you asking whether someone like you would have any difficulty in being accepted if you appplied for membership in the CU?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well was just giving a brief history of my credit to see if it compared to anyone reading the post that has an account with them. And also I've only seen posts of there requirements from 2-3 years ago. So also wondering if I'm in the ballpark to give it a try. I don't want to waste a hard pull.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no hard pull for joining Alliant.  Soft pull only.  And your profile is in fine shape for getting a savings or checking account with them.  Also for getting a Share Secure Loan with them -- which would help you a lot if you do not have any open installment loans. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

There's no hard pull for the SS loan either.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no hard pull for joining Alliant.  Soft pull only. 

I know this thread is a few days old, but I was passing by and thought I would add for future reference that my SO got a HP from Alliant just for being added as joint owner to my accounts earlier this month. When I opened the accounts, they only did a SP on me. I thought it was kind of nuts. We have not apped for any credit products yet.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this thread is a few days old, but I was passing by and thought I would add for future reference that my SO got a HP from Alliant just for being added as joint owner to my accounts earlier this month. When I opened the accounts, they only did a SP on me. I thought it was kind of nuts. We have not apped for any credit products yet.

This is a known issue for accounts with more than 1 person on them.  It's covered in the Alliant SSL main thread in the first few posts I believe.

@Anonymous -- it looks like it ISN'T in the original post on your superthread.  Can you add that warning to the first post?

Message 6 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well was just giving a brief history of my credit to see if it compared to anyone reading the post that has an account with them. And also I've only seen posts of there requirements from 2-3 years ago. So also wondering if I'm in the ballpark to give it a try. I don't want to waste a hard pull.

in the ballpark to give what a try???

to apply for a credit card? it's not too hard to get a credit card from them

to become a member? it's not hard at all to be a member

to get a share secured loan? it's not hard at all to get a share secured loan

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a known issue for accounts with more than 1 person on them.  It's covered in the Alliant SSL main thread in the first few posts I believe.

@Anonymous -- it looks like it ISN'T in the original post on your superthread.  Can you add that warning to the first post?

Just made the change.  Thanks for the heads up.  Here is how the first post reads now:

Does opening an SS loan involve a hard inquiry (hard pull) to my credit report?
Some lenders might do that.  Many do not.  Alliant, which we will use as a case study, does not.  Alliant does a ChexSystem inquiry and a soft pull at one of the big three credit bureaus.  Neither of those will be visible as a hard inquiry.  (Note: Alliant does do a hard pull when a joint account is being applied for, or if a person is being added to an existing account.)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the credit card was harder then expected and didn't get it. I joined them and asked for a low CL of 2500. But they pulled my TU of 638 with some medical derogatorys instead of my EQ of ,728 with no baddies. From all these posts I was assured they only pulled EQ. So being over confident I was going to get accepted. I was declined due to my TU report and wasted a HI. But score didn't drop on FICO 8 for the inquiry. It was number 3 on TU report
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your bad luck.  As you saw from SouthJ's post (and mine earlier) we were unclear what exactly at Alliant you were trying for.  That's why we asked if you were just trying to become a member.... or perhaps you were trying just for an SS loan.  Neither of those involve a hard pull at any bureau.

If we had a better idea what you were trying to do, we might have been able to help you better.

Good news is that it's just one hard pull at one credit bureau.  Hard pulls go away after a year.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.