Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally as 'Consumer Finance Account'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally as 'Consumer Finance Account'

So i FINALLY hit 750 on one of my scores, another is at 746 and TU is lagging behind at 722 and hasnt updated CC balances yet.

Being So excited i was plundering around the "Other Scores" and noticed Fico Auto 2 among others that shows the negative reason as "Consumer Finance Accounts" on experian.com, so i check myFico.com as well.... it had "You have a consumer finance account on your credit report".

Imagine my surprise when i discovered that ally financial is the likely culprit. I have read that the point loss is negligible, but still. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ally as 'Consumer Finance Account'

Ally does report as a CFA on Experian.  If it is a negative reason code, chances are there is a point loss associated with it.  I already have 1 with Ally and I don't want multiple CFAs on my reports.  I won't ever do business with them again. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i Literally just paid my truck off.. however further reading seems to imply that the "consumer finance account" will remain on there for years to come. after closure even though it is closed.

Message 3 of 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So i FINALLY hit 750 on one of my scores, another is at 746 and TU is lagging behind at 722 and hasnt updated CC balances yet.

Being So excited i was plundering around the "Other Scores" and noticed Fico Auto 2 among others that shows the negative reason as "Consumer Finance Accounts" on experian.com, so i check myFico.com as well.... it had "You have a consumer finance account on your credit report".

Imagine my surprise when i discovered that ally financial is the likely culprit. I have read that the point loss is negligible, but still. 

I have heard the point loss due to CFA is also negligible but can anyone chime in on whether they hurt you negatively in other ways?

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard the point loss due to CFA is also negligible but can anyone chime in on whether they hurt you negatively in other ways?

Negative point loss, I have never had any underwriter comment on my closed CFA but I do see it listed on every single algorithm on an otherwise clean file.  I only have the one, I don't know if a second is an additional ding, I have zero intention of finding out though.

That said when I am fully pretty I am around 800 or higher on every score that matters at all (mortgage, FICO 8/9) so it's not like it's a huge issue but it's an annoying one.  Mine falls off 2012, literally a 10 year ding, totally lame FICO, totally lame.

        
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i Literally just paid my truck off.. however further reading seems to imply that the "consumer finance account" will remain on there for years to come. after closure even though it is closed.

Yep. It's there until the loan drops off. Totally absurd. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.