cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already paid some to a junk debt buyer...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already paid some to a junk debt buyer...

What are my options if I have already paid a junk debt buyer? I have read conflicting statements. One side says the SOL starts over if I pay them, other people say my SOL date remains what it was. Basically, should I finish paying these people off or let it go?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Already paid some to a junk debt buyer...

If it is over 7 1/2 years old DO NOT PAY!  You're flushing your hard earned money down the toilet.  It cannot legally be placed on your CR if it is over that age.  However, if you made a payment before the 7 1/2 years had expired, that could be a different story.  I'm not well versed in the re-aging process.  I've heard conflicting information about that myself.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not past the 7.5 years, but it is well past the 3 year statute of limitations. And I've already paid some. Can I tell them that it is past the statute of limitations?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if making a payment resets the SOL or not.  Maybe someone else could answer that for you.
Message 4 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

What state are you in?
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Paying "should" not reset the clock.. but it happens. Find out from the 3 cra's when date of first delinquency was.

Creditors will put different open date on your reports to make it look worse. Something to do with when the account was open with them. The DOFD has to stay the same, or that is reaging.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Arizona
Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Flagstaff wrote:
I'm in Arizona

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.