Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx card not showing up on credit karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx card not showing up on credit karma

Hi,

New to the US and therefore credit scores here.

I signed up to Credit Karma a while ago. I got my AmEx card shortly after and could see the hard-check for it on CK. Now, 5 weeks later, I still dont have a credit score (shows dashes) and cannot see my AmEx card linked.

Can anyone please advise on what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx card not showing up on credit karma

Amex usually takes 2 complete billing cycles before they report to the bureaus.  You'll see inquiry now but won't see the account report for probably another 3-4 weeks.  Some people have reported it reporting after the first billing cycle, but typically 2 billing cycles is what is to be expected from new Amex accounts.

Message 2 of 7
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Amex will take 2-3 billing cycles before you see it show up so 2-3 months from now you should see it !

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thank you all !! Worry over.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

New to the US and therefore credit scores here.

I signed up to Credit Karma a while ago. I got my AmEx card shortly after and could see the hard-check for it on CK. Now, 5 weeks later, I still dont have a credit score (shows dashes) and cannot see my AmEx card linked.

Can anyone please advise on what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks!

Hello Nuddauk.  Will this Amex card be your first account on any of your (American) credit reports?

If so, then even after it appears on your credit reports it may be quite a while longer before you have a FICO score.  Credit Karma uses a scoring model called Vantage Score, which might let you get a score sooner.  (I can't be sure.)  In the case of FICO, however, you need at least one account on your report that is at least six months old before you can have a score.

Most lenders and CC issuers use FICO.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Yes indeed its my first CC in the US. I got it because I've been an AmEx customer in Europe for about 10 years.

I have a checking account too since July 2016 although I suspect this will not help my FICO at all.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great.  Well then, expect that you will not have a FICO score until 190 days after the "date opened" as it appaers on the credit report.

While you are waiting, I suggest you take a look at Chase cards and see if any of them are the right first for you.  The reason is that Chase will block you from getting any cards, even with a huge income and credit scores in the 800s, if you have had 5+ credit cards opened in the last 24 months.  Hence, when a person has had very few cards opened, they should look carefully at Chase first, since the person is still eligible.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.