Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmX No Longer Providing Free Monthly FICO Scores

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: AmX No Longer Providing Free Monthly FICO Scores

When I tried to check my FICO score on Amex I was redirected to American Express MyCredit Guide for my Free Credit Score and Report. Free credit score updates weekly upon log-in. Alerts to help detect identity fraud. Your detailed TransUnion® credit report. All with MyCredit Guide. All for free. I was shown a VantageScore.

Amex is offering CreditSecure for $16.95 a month with provides FICO Scores & Reports. Refresh your FICO Scores and 3-bureau credit reports every 30 days, receive alerts for changes in scores and reports, and access tools to help you understand which factors contribute to your score.

I guess Amex is trying to boost profits and selling CreditSecure which includes EX FICO score. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 11 of 40
rbentley
Established Contributor

I still get a FICO score off of the AmX app, but on my desktop it is no longer available and has been replaced with the MyCredit Guide with VS scores.
Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and my EX FICO score was updated on 12/1/2018.

That in itself is unusual; I have three Amex cards and the EX FICO score usually updates on the Statement Close date for each card.

Message 13 of 40
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Still Fico 08 here updated 11/28, so got awhile to see.

I had started trying that mycreditguide,but for me it doesn't show any info 

Keep us posted on what's happening....

Message 14 of 40
rbentley
Established Contributor

I do still get the free FICO scores in the AmX app, mine updated on December 2nd. But on the desktop the FICO scores are no longer available and have been replaced with MyCredit Guide and it's Vantage Scores. not sure why there is now a difference between the mobile app and the desktop version. It appears that one is being phased out?
Message 15 of 40
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

When I tried to check my FICO score on Amex I was redirected to American Express MyCredit Guide for my Free Credit Score and Report. Free credit score updates weekly upon log-in. Alerts to help detect identity fraud. Your detailed TransUnion® credit report. All with MyCredit Guide. All for free. I was shown a VantageScore.

Amex is offering CreditSecure for $16.95 a month with provides FICO Scores & Reports. Refresh your FICO Scores and 3-bureau credit reports every 30 days, receive alerts for changes in scores and reports, and access tools to help you understand which factors contribute to your score.

I guess Amex is trying to boost profits and selling CreditSecure which includes EX FICO score. 

My desktop login changed to 'American Expresss MyCredit Guide' since I made my payment this morning.  But when I go to 'Account Services' and scroll down to 'Veiw My FICO Score' the old 'Your FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data is the same score used by American Express' page comes up.

Message 16 of 40
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

My Credit Guide is offered for free even to non Amex members.

If you're looking under Menu/My account page, the links seem to be for MCG.

Use the "View Fico Score" from the list of links on your main account page & you should see your Fico 8.

If not, you can unenroll in the MCG from your account menu. 

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonM21 wrote:
Mine updated around the 23rd. I was on there yesterday and did not notice a change. We'll see what happens, but BBS brings up a good point in the availability of the Experian score elsewhere.

For anyone that hasn't yet signed up at creditscore.com or creditscorecard.com, if you do so 2 weeks apart you'll effectively be able to obtain your EX FICO 8 score every 2 weeks for free.  Those scores refresh every 30 days.  I suggest signing up for one on the 1st of the month, then the other on the 15th.  Then going forward on every 1st/15th you'll have an updated EX FICO 8.

Message 18 of 40
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sounds like we may have a difference of pathway, to get to the screen?

These are the steps I take:

2018 12 03 FICO Step 1.JPG2018 12 03 FICO Step 2.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 40
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Sounds like we may have a difference of pathway, to get to the screen?

These are the steps I take:

Me too.

There is a path to credit score under menu/account as I posted above but it's going to the other service.

My guess was that's what is happening to the OP. /shrugs

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.