Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Not Reporting to Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Not Reporting to Equifax

Hi! I noticed that my AMEX accounts (one is mine and the other is my wife's where I am an AU) are not being reported to Equifax. I've been searching for answers on who to call regarding this. I found this link but it didn't really help me on this. I tried calling AMEX. The guy specifically said, "we have a dedicated team specializing in these kind of inquiries", and gave me a number. When I called it, it is Equifax's number.

I understand that banks are not required to report to all three credit bureaus. However, what's bothering me is that my wife's AMEX accounts are reported to EQ. Her EQ report also shows my AMEX account where she's my AU.

Who should I really call to fix this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
egghead88
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Not Reporting to Equifax

Try this number #‭(800) 874-2717‬. It's Amex credit bureaus unit. They should be able to assist you. 

Message 2 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Amex reports to all three major CRAs, without exception. 

If your card is not present on EQ CR, most likely snag is on EQ end.

You might also want to look at demographic info on your EQ report and see if everything matches compared to info provided to Amex, such as no name misspelling, presence/absence middle name, no recent address changes, date of birth, etc 

EQ is quite fickle 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for those information, @egghead88 and @Remedios!

I will just call both AMEX and EQ again and hope one of them would be able to identify the issue and resolve it.

Message 4 of 13
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

This has been happening to me for about 6/months... All of a sudden AMEX account disappeared off EQ but reports just fine to TU and EX. I called EQ and they said it's AMEX issue, called AMEX and they said it's an EQ issue. So, I called EQ and was on hold for about 1hr to be told my BOA account is reporting. Excuse me, I am speaking about my AMEX account, CSR said oh, well we see it's not being reported from AMEX and that's an AMEX issue.

I hung up, and haven't tried to figure it out yet again. So I'll be looking forward to your updates to see if AMEX or EQ fix this.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I will try my luck again by calling AMEX first.

I also signed up for myEQ to check if the information they have matches whatever is in my AMEX account. So far, I did not find any discrepancy. I also went to their dispute page and saw this:

When does filing a dispute make sense for you?

If you see information on your Equifax credit report that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
If you notice information on your Equifax credit report that you believe is the result of fraud.

I thought I could file a dispute if my information in EQ is "incomplete". However, their system only allows me to file disputes on my accounts listed in their CR. Their system does not have an option to report any missing or incomplete information.

@ FitYNABer, I will definitely let you know how it goes. On a side note, I like your username. I'm a loyal YNABer too.

Message 6 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  your post has been restored 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I also removed the external link just to be sure. And thanks for deleting the duplicate reply I posted.

Message 8 of 13
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Thank you, I'm curious on the response you get from EQ and AMEX.

Also, that's totally awesome! YNAB changed my life so I thought it would be fitting to change my username and picture.

Message 9 of 13
tanya0525
Valued Member

I recently called Amex and they stated they do not report to Equifax. I have Hilton & Delta card. Both are not on my report. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.