Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima and or reinstatement

tag
Gear1
Valued Member

Amex Optima and or reinstatement

Got issued optima in April after pif in February, sent gw letter to exec offices about same time to explain why I defaulted and if they might remove the co from my report, not expecting that really. Fast forward to 30 minutes ago get a 1-800 call and it was Amex rep that said they would like to reinstate my green card and if I did this they would have to cancel my optima, I said I did not understand, he only said to me that he was calling to see if I would like the account reinstated and he didn’t know any of my questions regarding having the charge off removed, he also said my limit would be $2,000.00 for now, which was fine by me.
Hopefully this is actually a whole account reinstatement and they will remove the negatives And as I explained to the rep I would like it if they would take the oasis account off of my credit report, he said when I get my card I could call their credit bureau about that, probably wishful thinking, they said my card would be here within 3 to 5 days. I will come back and update whether my account gets updated or not.
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Optima and or reinstatement

Depends how they report it.

I would absolutely get it reinstated and hope for the best, but that’s me.

        
Message 2 of 51
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
Depends how they report it.

I would absolutely get it reinstated and hope for the best, but that’s me.

@Revelate ...agreed 100%!!

Message 3 of 51
LOC
Contributor

Definitely, agree. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

I agreed before I hung up, and canceled the other card, sorry thought I said that to begin with, sorry for the confusion. Just wanted to post on here what was going on in case anyone else was in the same boat. I will absolutely update as soon as I find out what is going to happen for sure. As much as I have been helped on these forums I just want to contribute a little back.
Thank you all

Message 5 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gear1 wrote:

I agreed before I hung up, and canceled the other card, sorry thought I said that to begin with, sorry for the confusion. Just wanted to post on here what was going on in case anyone else was in the same boat. I will absolutely update as soon as I find out what is going to happen for sure. As much as I have been helped on these forums I just want to contribute a little back.
Thank you all

Congrats on the reinstatement!  That is great news and the info may help someone in the future! And hoping that you can get the negatives removed from your report. Do keep us updated! 

Message 6 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome to hear - congrats on the reinstatement! From what I’ve read, that is not a common thing to have happen. Here’s hoping they’ll remove the derogs too!
Message 7 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

Agreed, I have read many things on Amex and most have said that any account over a certain age would not be reinstated.
I wrote a very long and detailed explanation of what we had been through and offered supporting documents if they wanted to get in touch with me, that was a couple of months ago, I never heard a thing back with the exception of the Optima application until yesterday when I got the call out of nowhere.
I probably made somebody cry with the goodwill letter because it almost made me , part of 2017 and 2018 Was one of the worst times of our lives, I can’t really comment about the contents of the letter here because of our settlement, needless to say we were out tens of thousands of dollars. I would suggest that anyone writing a goodwill should pour out their hearts and be ready with documentation of some kind just in case, I have mine in hand just in case.

Message 8 of 51
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Had the original card been charged off?

EDIT:

I re-read the OP, and it indeed indicates a co.  This is a very bizarre occurance!

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 9 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

Yes in July of 2018, paid in full after we got reimbursed, also some very bad circumstances as I explained to them.
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.