Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima and or reinstatement

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Optima and or reinstatement

@Gear1 wrote:
Looks like no update for eq, they still have all late payments and CO listed although it says pays as agreed and no 1st delinquency, I called Amex CB and the lady told me they don’t re-age accounts? I did not go into the fact that the other 2 bureaus were, kind of afraid to rock the boat so I just said thanks and hung up, don’t think I have any more options with EQ, probably just let it be and be thankful for what I did get from the other two.

Amex would never acknowlege deleting accounts or say they would, they just do it.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

Update

2nd month reporting just happened, left a very small charge that reported then paid in full, ex and tu still reporting no lates eq still showing all lates and CO under history, don’t think there is anything I can do about eq since it has been 2 months almost and they have not removed them, any suggestions would be great!!
Message 22 of 51
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Gear1 wrote:
Update

2nd month reporting just happened, left a very small charge that reported then paid in full, ex and tu still reporting no lates eq still showing all lates and CO under history, don’t think there is anything I can do about eq since it has been 2 months almost and they have not removed them, any suggestions would be great!!

Exeactly how is EQ reporting?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 23 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

eq amex.jpg

I deleted some dates and other info that might not be good to see online hope this helps, and thank you

Also cut off bottom of picture because all previous months were paid in full.

Message 24 of 51
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Gear1 wrote:

eq amex.jpg

I deleted some dates and other info that might not be good to see online hope this helps, and thank you

Also cut off bottom of picture because all previous months were paid in full.

If you look at the detailed information, there is no designation that it was a delinquent account. It only shows on the history graphs.

Is this account listed under "negative accounts" on your Equifax file?

Message 25 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

I should have mentioned that, sorry.
Yes it is listed under negative accounts, it says open account and the picture above with all that information exactly matches including the history.
Message 26 of 51
sjt
Senior Contributor

How is it reporting on TU and EX?

I would give it another month.

Message 27 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

It is reported like it was never late, last 2 months payments June and July are showing and all the past payments are nr, not reported, but no negative anything on either TU or Ex, my scores jumped up drastically, EQ is almost 50 points lower on fico8 but only about 10 on Fico9.
I agree about leaving alone I tried to get EQ based on my other reports to remove the negatives but I knew better, they said to get in touch with Amex (Like that will get me anywhere) looks like Amex did there part and they are not going to admit to it or I think do anything else, nor do I want to rock that boat.
Message 28 of 51
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Gear1 wrote:
It is reported like it was never late, last 2 months payments June and July are showing and all the past payments are nr, not reported, but no negative anything on either TU or Ex, my scores jumped up drastically, EQ is almost 50 points lower on fico8 but only about 10 on Fico9.
I agree about leaving alone I tried to get EQ based on my other reports to remove the negatives but I knew better, they said to get in touch with Amex (Like that will get me anywhere) looks like Amex did there part and they are not going to admit to it or I think do anything else, nor do I want to rock that boat.

Amex will never acknowledge or agree to deletion, they just do it. 

Wait another month and see what happens. If there are no changes come back to the boards and will figure out the next steps.

Message 29 of 51
Gear1
Valued Member

sjt Thank you so much for the help, I will come back next month when Amex reports again.
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.