Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex balance not updating on Equifax

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Amex balance not updating on Equifax

I have searched the forums and only found one post similar to what I'm asking.  My Amex Delta Gold updates to fico on the 1st of every month, like clockwork.  In february, only TU and EX updated the balance paid down.  I'm still seeing EQ with the previous balance.  My 3b+ refreshed today and confirmed, it is still showing the incorrect balance on EQ only.  I know EQ can only report what Amex tells them to, so Amex needs to send an update to EQ for it to reflect. 

I'm planning to wait two more weeks for my next Amex update (will be $0 bal).  If my EQ still does not refresh on 3/1 with TU and EX, do I call Amex and ask them to update EQ?  I'm heavily focused on paying down utilizations  (individual and overall) right now.  75% utl to 0% utl is gigantic (in my opinion), so I would like to see it reflect accordingly.  I also want to make sure I tread lightly with Amex too. 

TL/DR: 

Jan bal Amex - 745/1000 - all 3b (74.5% utl)

Feb bal Amex - 346/1000 TU/EX (34.6% utl), 745/1000 EQ (74.5% utl)

Upcoming Mar bal - 0/1000 (0% utl)

Do I ask Amex to update EQ or do I just have to wait it out and hope they finally get around to it?

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex balance not updating on Equifax

@radfam wrote:

I know EQ can only report what Amex tells them to, so Amex needs to send an update to EQ for it to reflect. 

This isn't necessarily the issue.  Amex may very well be reporting the account, but for whatever reason EQ isn't taking the update.  I had this issue with a Citi card and TU not updating.  It ended up being a name variation (suffix) that wasn't allowing TU to take the reporting.  Basically it wasn't Citi's "fault" and it may not be Amex's either here.  The fact that your other 2B are updating leads me to believe that the issue isn't with Amex, as Amex isn't going to send updates to 2/3 of the bureaus... my guess is that they are sending it to all 3B and that EQ isn't accepting it for whatever reason.

Message 2 of 20
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

This same thing has been happening to me on Eq, no update from Amex since December.

However I currently have a balance on AMEX and the December update is showing my previous $0 balance, so no rush for me to have it updatedSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 20
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Haha, glad to see i'm not the only one that isn't getting EQ updates for Amex.  Even though our situations are switched. Smiley Happy 

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same issue this month. Called AmEx Credit Dept, and request a manual push to all CBs. The next day Equifax updated. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of my Amex accounts have updated on Equifax, and the same is true for my husband and son's accounts.  I wonder what the issue is.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@radfam wrote:

I have searched the forums and only found one post similar to what I'm asking.  My Amex Delta Gold updates to fico on the 1st of every month, like clockwork.  In february, only TU and EX updated the balance paid down.  I'm still seeing EQ with the previous balance.  My 3b+ refreshed today and confirmed, it is still showing the incorrect balance on EQ only.  I know EQ can only report what Amex tells them to, so Amex needs to send an update to EQ for it to reflect. 

I'm planning to wait two more weeks for my next Amex update (will be $0 bal).  If my EQ still does not refresh on 3/1 with TU and EX, do I call Amex and ask them to update EQ?  I'm heavily focused on paying down utilizations  (individual and overall) right now.  75% utl to 0% utl is gigantic (in my opinion), so I would like to see it reflect accordingly.  I also want to make sure I tread lightly with Amex too. 

TL/DR: 

Jan bal Amex - 745/1000 - all 3b (74.5% utl)

Feb bal Amex - 346/1000 TU/EX (34.6% utl), 745/1000 EQ (74.5% utl)

Upcoming Mar bal - 0/1000 (0% utl)

Do I ask Amex to update EQ or do I just have to wait it out and hope they finally get around to it?

I'm seeing the same problem. I have AMEX BCP and ED. Both update on TU and EX, but not EQ.

I'm also waiting another month to see if somehow the issue is resolved. Although EQ can only report what AMEX gives them,

I wouldn't assume that it's AMEX's fault. About 2 years ago, EQ just dropped a bunch of my accounts, with a drop to my score.

In particular, all records of my (2) mortgages and car payments (2) were gone, gone, gone, along with several credit card accounts. I called my mortgage company several times and they assured me they were reporting to EQ. I tried NUMEROUS times to work with EQ to correct the problem. Their position is, it isn't their problem, it's the lenders who are at fault. I'm seriously not sure about that because 15 accounts disappeared in one day on my record and EQ's position on all is that the lenders must have just taken them off. Do you believe in that kind of coincidence?

Message 7 of 20
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I just checked DHs reports just now.  I am seeing the exact same on his AU amex accounts on EQ only.  So there is no telling if its is Amex or EQ.  Glad to know its not just me!

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 8 of 20
CivalV
Established Contributor

For all of my accounts EQ rarely updates whereas TU and EX update every couple of days. 

Message 9 of 20
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I've had this happen to me a couple of times in the past couple of months, but I haven't monitored it that closely. EQ is lagging for me right now. I just did a fresh pull with Credit Karma to confirm.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.