cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex decline says EX is reporting that I am deceased.

tag
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Amex decline says EX is reporting that I am deceased.

I see that some others have gone through this but clearly it's insane to see I was declined for a CLI because I'm dead.  hmmm... I have a feeling my exhusband may be behind this.

Any advice?? I'm on the EX website but i don't see anywhere that my status can be reported as living or deceased! so I don't know how to initiate a dispute!

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex decline says EX is reporting that I am deceased.

I would appear before a notary with proof of identity, and execute an oath verifying that you are living.

Send to the CRA as an administrative request for correction of their records.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose the good news is your alive the bad is you will have to work with the agencies to get them to fix this.  The county birth and death registrar is responsibile for records of any death.   Short of the credit agency having a death certificate for you I am sure they will have to change this. I wonder if someone stole your SSN and then died and that was reported.  Back in the old days many illegal workers will use someone elses SSN so they could work.  Let us know how it works out.

Message 3 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@cinnamongirl wrote:

I see that some others have gone through this but clearly it's insane to see I was declined for a CLI because I'm dead.  hmmm... I have a feeling my exhusband may be behind this.

Any advice?? I'm on the EX website but i don't see anywhere that my status can be reported as living or deceased! so I don't know how to initiate a dispute!

Capture.PNG

You may also want to call into EX to determine what they need in order to resolve this status.   Make sure you have your EX report number.

This reminds of that famous quote attributed to Mark Twain:  "the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 5
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Thank you SunriseEarth!! I love that and am going to use that when I call EX!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.