Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex experian reporting

tag
bloccoblu
Contributor

Amex experian reporting

Hi has anyone else experienced delays in Amex reporting statement balance this month? My report is usually updated between ninth and 10th on experian with Amex balance but as of today it still hasn’t updated. Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex experian reporting

@bloccoblu wrote:

Hi has anyone else experienced delays in Amex reporting statement balance this month? My report is usually updated between ninth and 10th on experian with Amex balance but as of today it still hasn’t updated. Thanks

I called Amex about this, because I'm waiting to app for a mortgage until this blasted account cycles on my report. The CSR acted like this has ALWAYS been the case, of course, but the she said they report to the.bureaus 11 days after statement close. 

Really? 11 days? Used to be statement cut...like clockwork. 

"that's our policy, sir"

oook. 

so... patience, I guess? 

Message 2 of 19
bloccoblu
Contributor

Oh wow! 11 days.that has to be new because they’ve always reported like clockwork within a day of statement closing for me. Thanks for responding. Now I know it’s not just me.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad someone posted about this because I was wondering why they were late this month.   This "11" days is certainly new.   I too am waiting for AMEX to update.  

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called again today. Different rep different answer. "Nothing's changes we report immediately"

She sent me to the Amex credit bureau team. Rep there confirmed nothing changed. 

They did say there was a glitch in reporting that delayed a bunch of accounts but, of course, "your account wasn't included in that, mr Dogbert"

of course not. 

she did volunteer to send a mid cycle update (yay) so that supposedly has been pushed through. Maybe by tomorrow I'll see Ex update. 

Message 5 of 19
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Mine, nor DW’s have reported this month either.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 6 of 19
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bloccoblu wrote:

I called Amex about this, because I'm waiting to app for a mortgage until this blasted account cycles on my report. The CSR acted like this has ALWAYS been the case, of course, but the she said they report to the.bureaus 11 days after statement close. 

"that's our policy, sir"

oook. 

so... patience, I guess? 

all of mine closed June 5, still no June balance report as of 6/17.

Message 7 of 19
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

We've seen a delay as well for anything that normally reports in June, but Amex did update the reports yesterday or today as shown in the EX reports pulled this morning.  Curiously, the date shown on the EX reports shows their typical report dates of first week of June, not yesterday/today.

Nothing updated on TU yet as of this morning, but TU and EQ usually lag behind anyway.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad you asked as I was wondering the same thing.

They have always reported the day after a statement closed, now they havented updated as of yet , 5 days post close.

Additionally, They are no longer showing my EX8 on there website.

Thet are showing me TU Vantage 3.

I dont no why they keep changing things.

Its really annoying.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bloccoblu wrote:

"that's our policy, sir"

oook. 

so... patience, I guess? 

This is a prime example of why you can't always trust what a CSR says and in this case I'd expect much better from Amex.

All the large credit card issuers report account data to the credit bureaus at midnight P.S.T. of the Statement Close date.  The notable exceptions are U.S. Bank and Elan Financial Services, a subsidiary of U.S. Bank, both of which report on the last business day of each month.  The data is automatically uploaded in Metro 2 format using software that confirms to the Consumer Data Industry Association specifications. 

That said, I haven't noticed any reporting delays on any of my 4 Amex accounts and I check my Experian reports daily.  Experian is usually the fastest of the CRAs to update information, and they usually show updates 24 hours after receiving the new information.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.