Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex not so great afterall

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex not so great afterall

Okay having an amex may not be so great afterall.  I tried to use my new blue cash at Jamba juice, to pay my car insurance with progressive and at niko niko restuarant.  All of these places do not except amex.  What good is a card if you can't use it anywhere.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex not so great afterall

loloswims wrote:
Okay having an amex may not be so great afterall.  I tried to use my new blue cash at Jamba juice, to pay my car insurance with progressive and at niko niko restuarant.  All of these places do not except amex.  What good is a card if you can't use it anywhere.

Yes, this is a problem with Amex. Are you interested in trying for another CC?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used mine only once...bought a ticket online. Other than that, I don't really know what else i should buy. Maybe i'll start buying my groceries on it.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have three cc.  Target, cap one and amex.  Don't need anymore.
Message 4 of 8
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I'm not using my Amex for purchasing power, I'm using it to get my credit score higher without paying monthly and annual service fees.  Make sure you have an extra visa or mastercard for those place that don't take Amex.  The merchant (store) actually has to pay a higher fee when people use Amex or Discover cards, so many times, merchants only accept visa or mastercard.  That's how Amex and Discover can offer the best reward programs.  Because the merchant (which then may charge you more) pays for the programs to some extent.
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Easy on the luv button too.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the opposite problem... I can find too many places to use the card Smiley Very Happy I've charged it to 50-60% twice now, then just paid it down to 5%. I love this card.... rackin' up the points.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thoroughly enjoy watching mine turning blue from frostbite, as they are frozen right now, thanks to the amazing folks at American Express!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.