Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report , how relaible?

tag
USSVOYAGER
Valued Member

Annual Credit Report , how relaible?

annualcreditreport.com, does the free report show your credit report or your FICO report, will it reflect in your credit score and can it impact your credit/FICO score in any way?

Should I even bother?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Annual Credit Report , how relaible?

@USSVOYAGER wrote:

annualcreditreport.com, does the free report show your credit report or your FICO report, will it reflect in your credit score and can it impact your credit/FICO score in any way?

Should I even bother?

The free reports you get from annualcreditreport.com are the same full reports you would get if you bought them from the CRA's and generally will have more information than what you get from third party sites including myFICO.

Getting your credit report from any source will never impact your score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@USSVOYAGER wrote:

Should I even bother?

The free reports you get from annualcreditreport.com are the same full reports you would get if you bought them from the CRA's and generally will have more information than what you get from third party sites including myFICO.

Getting your credit report from any source will never impact your score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Quite correct, there is some information on those free annual reports directly from the credit reporting agencies that does not appear in reports pulled through myfico or the various credit monitoring services.  In particular each year I learn all the "soft pulls" of my history from my annual freebies.  But ignore any offers to purchase a score, or other attempted upsells by the CRAs, when doing your annual free pulls!  Scores from just about anywhere other than FICO itself are probably FAKOs.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 5
USSVOYAGER
Valued Member

Thank you, so it is better to pull from MYFICO.COM to get an acurate report since a FAKO report is generally higher than your FICO, right?

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@USSVOYAGER wrote:

Thank you, so it is better to pull from MYFICO.COM to get an acurate report since a FAKO report is generally higher than your FICO, right?

I've been confused through this thread because of the interchange of the terms "report" and "score."

The reports from annualcreditreport-dot-com are completely reliable. In fact, they have more info and can be more accurate than myFICO reports, which sometimes report things a bit oddly, as do all third-party monitoring service reports.

Any scores that you buy when you're on annualcreditreport-dot-com are FAKO scores (created from accurate reports.) FAKO scores may be higher or lower than FICO scores.

There's no need to buy a score when you pull your annualcredityadayadas. Just get the reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.