cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Fees Credit Cards

Regular Contributor

Annual Fees Credit Cards

Hey guys, I was wondering I was thinking about getting either the BoA Premium Rewards as it pays for itself. But, I know that I have to pay the $95 upfront on the first of the following month, but if I use for incidental, I would get it in statement credit, which is the same but I would call BOA to send me a refund check.

But for the Prestige, I heard I could get it for $350, if I use the airline credit it would be $100, however I would have to push out $350 first. I remember getting the Chase Reserve before the $450 was billed, I used the $300 once I got the card and it went down to $150, would it be the same with the Prestige? And I hear that the Prestige would keep long term.

Honestly, I just use it for the airline credit, roadside assistance and for the categories for points, I already have more than a 130k in UR, just trying to build another program.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Annual Fees Credit Cards

Is there a question in your post somewhere?

BOA Premium Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Chase Marriott Business, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, Barclay Aviator Business, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards, Citi Thank You Premier, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.

Former Cards: Lendup L Card, Bank of America Cash Rewards, Capital One Quicksilver
Message 2 of 6
Regular Contributor

Yeah, read it again it's hiding in the paragraph lol.
Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Yeah, read it again it's hiding in the paragraph lol.

I suggest re-writing your post. I have read it 4 times and I still don't understand what you are trying to do. 

BOA Premium Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Chase Marriott Business, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, Barclay Aviator Business, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards, Citi Thank You Premier, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.

Former Cards: Lendup L Card, Bank of America Cash Rewards, Capital One Quicksilver
Message 4 of 6
Established Contributor

If you are asking whether or not you will get reimbursed for the travel credits and then having to pay a lower annual fee because of it the first month (I think that's your question, but I'm not really sure), the answer is no. At least I think it's no. I'm a little confused. Take chase for an example. They bill you the $450 annual fee. You then spend $300 in travel the first month. Let's say that's reimbursed within a few days. The $300 charge will disappear, but you'll still have to pay the $450 annual fee.

Does this answer your question?
Message 5 of 6
Regular Contributor

Alk, yessir you just hit it on the nail, that's exactly my question and yeah that makes sense. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6