cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Insurance Personal Lines People out there?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Insurance Personal Lines People out there?

I had a question regarding Insurance and credit inquiries.  I work in Commercial Insurance and was just talking to our Personal Lines Account Manager who said...

She was told by an Underwriter that credit checks for Personal Insurance is not a ding on your credit score because they are not a financial institution.  Therefore having your credit checked to see if you are eligible for credits for your insurance does not remove points from your credit score.

Does anyone know for sure if this is correct??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Insurance Personal Lines People out there?

Hi mel. I can say from experience over this past year, that the inquiries that the insurance companies pull does not show up on your EXP, TU, or EQ CR's.

I shopped for both homeowner's insurance and auto insurance this past year, and have seen nothing show up.

Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No insurance inquiry should not hurt you. they will (should) show on your report but they are listed under inquirys that only you can see. Since you are shopping for insurance and not applying for credit it should not inpact your score any. I am a personal lines insurance producer so I am asked this question all the time.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insurance shows as a soft hit only on the credit report.............
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.